M*CARBO Brotherhood

Q & A With M*CARBO Employee Tom

Ask me anything brothers, from what is Chris like off camera, optic mounts, M*SERIES, guns, women, my time in the Secret Service as a UDO, or my time in the Marine Corps as a 0311.

13 Likes

@TOMMCARBO

Thanks for the opportunity to talk with you.

My first question to you is: what are your favorite self defense guns, or weapons of any kind (that you use or would use, for self defense)?

7 Likes

Hey John,
For the house I am going with any shotgun. The sound of a shell being chambered really brings a pucker factor in a quiet, dark house. As far as my every day carry, I am going Glock 19 Gen 5. I keep my SUB2K in the truck in case I get in a really tight spot (and we live in Florida so that is always a possibility).

10 Likes

How did you land at M*Carbo?

6 Likes

Pure luck. The first day I moved to Saint Pete, I came across an ad for M*CARBO hiring. Met with Chris in my Sundays best the next day with my resume in hand, and got blessed enough to land the gig. The best civilian job I have ever had in my life, we’ve got a great crew over here.

13 Likes

How short of shorty shorts is too short?

7 Likes

Is anything in the works for the RDB? I would love to see a kydex cheek rest like the one that’s currently out for the KSG. A longer charging handle and larger bolt release would be nice too!

7 Likes

Great thread @TOMMCARBO! Thanks for starting this up.:+1:

Anything on the horizon with regard to spare mag holders for S2k? Also, I know we have the new buttstock pad, and Chris teased us awhile back with some talk of even a new buttstock for S2k. Probably two of the most requested accessories for MCARBO to make.

Now that this major product release of the Optic Mount is well underway, I presume somebody’s back at the drawing board thinking up new stuff.:thinking:

11 Likes

@TOMMCARBO evenin Tommcarbo, I keep throwin out the same question, about the 80% alloy receiver, but this time i will throw in a hint for some style of snap on cheek rest,
a Sub2000 aint the easiest to get that first alignment on, that would make it consistent in my opinion. second question.
what type of steel do you carry, fixed blade, lock blade or auto? I got a bad gun habit, but im a flat out knife junkie at heart brother…:smiling_imp::+1::+1::+1::+1:

10 Likes

@GOBLIN OTF Baby !!!:heart_eyes: Got 2 One for x Mas and the Other I Purchased ! Both are Bench Made.

8 Likes

@TOMMCARBO Okay so I Brought this up a While back! Has Chris Said Anymore on the Idea of a Meet and Greet for the Brothers& Sisters/ BEEF AND BREW Or a Large Food get together? With all the Fine Chef’s and Cuisine Ideas of this Brother Hood it Should be a Outstanding Function.

10 Likes

@DivaMarie dont forget about a big steamin pile of mud bugs Tony!!! nothin says “hold my beer and watch this” like a good crawdaddy boil…

8 Likes

I like this a lot, I’ll push it up to my R&D dudes this morning.

11 Likes

Goblin, I’m not a big knife dude. They used to give us sharp ass Gerbers in the Marine Corps before deployment, and when I was bored I would play with them and end up with a thousand cuts on my hands. Some Edward Scissorhands gone bad type stuff.

11 Likes

I like where your heads at, you guys come on down to Saint Pete and we can drink some brews and grill up some meats beachside

10 Likes

I printed out this question and put it on my research and development dudes desk, so I am sure we will get after something soon man

11 Likes

@TOMMCARBO

Look at:

(But think mlok, float and don’t worry 'bout twisty twisty)

or:

( with mlok instead of Picatinny for weight savings)

plus most of:

(imagine this functionality bult into a lightweight, minimalist forend)

So, can you build it? <- yes, loading questions

Since I know you have the capability … my real question is how long till you get caught up on the hinge mounts and take the design back to R&D for enhancement? <- rhetorical.

And, I dunno how much of the old thread content you’ve consumed, but … it doesn’t take much effort to modify a commercial AR buffer tube to open the Sub 2k up to the entirety of AR Butstock options. The Sub Blaster Marvin is holding to the left is a rendering of my Sub which runs a MFT Minimalist. It’s detailed out here somewhere. I gave up my latch but I don’t miss it - she stays shut fine and I have one less fine motor skill to deploy her so she’s ready faster.

11 Likes

@Tom, Hi Tom, nice to see an MCARBO employee getting a chance to see the rest of the “hood.” Before Christmas I sent Tom some parts for ideas/suggestions for a scope Mount for the Mosin Nagant. did you folks ever get those? I know I sent a Williams 70 side scope Mount with the offset rings, a vintage Heckner side scope adapter base, and a swing over scope base. I know Chris and I had emailed back and fourth on some ideas and he said when he got them he would send them over to the R&D folks. I never heard if they made it or are stuck in a USPS warehouse somewhere. I really think the Williams design with some work would be the solution a lot of Mosin shooters & hunters would find better than all the other crap out there that is basically modified rear sight IMHO. He’ll if it were possible to send you guys the scope base off of my M28/76 I would, but I am still looking for the upper portion that holds the rings, a part that is more unicorn then reality in finding.

9 Likes

I would love to adapt the MCARBO Optic Mount to my KT420 forend, so yea, a pic rail mount instead of the current bolt on👍

8 Likes

@TOMMCARBO Glad you joined us on the forum. I’m sure you will get lots of interesting questions. :smiley:

9 Likes