Products That Can Save Your Life

@goblin Glad to hear it turned out well and that you’re OK.

4 Likes

Yep that is the name. Try this link New Skin Products. That will probably be your best bet for getting it in Ireland.

4 Likes

@hunter1916: Apologize for replying so late. My IP provided modem/router has been glitchy and had to order a new one and install.

3 Likes

@russ thanks russ i found some on ebay and ordered the spray version thanks for the info

4 Likes

How about a chainsaw? Anyone got some favorites or some good stories? :grin::+1:

4 Likes

Unnh, Chainsaw?? Sheez, John that would take a trauma center to go along with the chainsaw. :joy:

5 Likes

@russ Wonderful Stuff’ :+1: Used it for years as a Mechanic, Another Prior to finding this neat stuff was (Bowler’s Thumb) Same Idea and Quality.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Let me say that I’m not a physician, surgeon, or psychiatrist.

I didn’t see this mentioned but I carry 3M Vetbond and steri-strips in my first aid kits. Since shooting is my hobby, I have a large range bag. Two external pockets are dedicated to the following items:

Pocket 1:
Adventure Medical Trauma Pak
Hyfin Chest Seal
Extra package of QuickClot
Two Israeli bandages
CAT Tourniquet
A “GOOD” pair of trauma shears

Pocket 2:
Basic first aid kit
3M Vetbond

Both pockets have a bright red PVC cross on the Velcro strip.

At the end of last year I had money left in my FSA account, so I refreshed my kit.

6 Likes

@Johnksg ive had a couple of near misses with chainsaws prob, the most dangerous tools you can have in your kit but they do come in handy spec after and during storms

3 Likes

how about thisif your caught out in the cold

9 Likes

I did kinda mean this thread to be about SAR/First Responder hardware and gear, but since it turned all medical…

I ALWAYS have a compression bandage, blood clotter, and a tourniquet near by! :grin::+1:

8 Likes

@hunter1916 That’s my poison too. Irish made whiskey is on a different level but I still like a good bourbon

7 Likes

I am a firm believer in having a mylar blanket readily available for both maintaining body heat and also a bright reflective material for signaling for help in a bad situation.

9 Likes

@hunter1916 new avatar is ominous looking… I love it​:+1::wink:

5 Likes

@Flogrown this bottle of fine irish whiskey is waiting for the first person on the forum to come to ireland to claim it :smile::tumbler_glass:

7 Likes

@Johnksg Echo is my favorite chainsaw. Both of mine have performed A+. They have been well taken care of and cut countless cords. They were bought in 1980 or so and have given 0 problems in all that time.:+1::+1::+1:

7 Likes

@Flogrown

I am as well! They should be in every backpack, tool kit, glove box, console, etc.
They are cheap, nearly weightless, take up almost no space, and have tons of uses.

8 Likes

@Flogrown @hunter1916 myself, I always preferred a shot or 2 of Hennessy Black,Cognac, and the company of a willing female "to survive by conserving body heat.:roll_eyes: only issue being, in the middle of a blackwater swamp, on a + 100 degree day, when you come out with that line, you usually get the cat eyed look… you guys know what im talking about…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

@GOBLIN One of those cat-eyed females can save your life in bear country and allow you to carry a much smaller firearm for protection - even a .22 caliber. You only need enough power and accuracy to shoot her in the knee before you start running. :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

:airplane::flight_departure::airplane::flight_arrival: On my way to get that

4 Likes