M*CARBO Brotherhood

Products That Can Save Your Life

Take the 81 mg aspirin every day. And Hope you don’t have another of these “incidents” anytime soon.

@russ

Unfortunately, it is a ‘hereditary’ problem. My father was quite a bit older when his occurred. I did not expect mine as soon! I did have a 2nd heart attack 9/16. It was 2 additional stents along with a ‘replacement’ to a failure of an original stent. I am also under treatment for angina (attacks.) My doctor ‘upped’ the 81mg/daily aspirin regimen to 325mg/daily after the 2nd heart attack. Thanks for your wishes! I have changed my eating habits after ‘the big one!’ I am diabetic and I have a number of ‘challenges.’ I believe that if it weren’t for my active lifestyle, I would have not been around a few decades earlier…

a simple pocket knife so mr magiver saysHUNTER%20-%20WIN_20190211_104617 :grin:

@hunter1916 all he ever used was a paper clip and some bubble gum! :laughing:

@Johnksg Like the Fubar. Looks like an excellent tool.:+1:

I have a Polaris 700 Ranger :+1:

Absolutely!! A knife is a must. Whether pocket or sheath they can save your life. Main thing is to keep them rust free, sharp, and handy!!

Bought this little knife in 1955, it has been there and done that for over 60 yrs. Cost me $12. Cheap insurance policy.

@russ looks nice and well kept and an eirloom my mate showed me a knife last night that he made, he made it from an old file no forging but did soften it then harden it and it has some edge on it i never thought of taking a photo of it but for first time he made a great job of it

heres one i picked up from a friend, made somewhere between 1934 and 1946 custom
“WILKERSON CD KNIVES” note the small handle and the split, pinned and soldered guard. walnut scales… many years of use. buddy found it stuck in a center beam of a old barn in Baton Rouge. due to the odd stamping, got the dates narrowed down, but very obscure knife maker…

Chipped a finger today working on my log splitter. Went to medicine cabinet and pulled out the bottle of “New Skin”. Reminds me of super glue, but this has pyroxylin, alcohol, oil of clove. Forms a clear bandage over wound and is also an antiseptic. Bottle is small, about 2"" H x 1" W. Lasts forever seems like. Small wounds ignored can become life threatening. Recommend carrying a bottle of “New Skin”.

had a lil incident today, I can be graceful, and well medical equpt just aint user friendly sometimes. anyway
they upt a PICC line in last week, so i can try to beat this infection the hospital so kindly sold me( aint that some crap) anyway to use it, DOD requires i use a 2/3 lb pusher pump to inject over 35 minutes. damn thing runs on C batteries.

anyway after shooting the dose this am, my butterfingered butt ripped the PICC line off clean with the bicep (i dropped the damp pump), just above the shut off. that tiny lil toothpick sized line? shot blood out like it was coming out of a firehose.
the 3 steps it took me to grab my GO bag and rip the C.A.T. tourniquet off the front, , and get it locked down, ceiling , wall, dog, is washed down, and im standing in a widening puddle as it drips down. girlchild walked in the room bout that time, and took the whole scene in. looked like a scene from Texas chainsaw massacre :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
she didnt pass out.:+1:
out the door we went. keep in mind, i was locking down for work, so knife on belt, shoulder rig on. I grabbed a sweatshirt, threw it over one arm and one shoulder, she grabbed my small ruck, and she was drivin.
C.A.T. sealed it up as much as i wanted. left it dripping. we went to closest ER.
SHE FRISKED ME before we left the truck, everything in the center lockbox. pistol, 4 mags, leatherman, folder and fixed blade and we strolled in.
Im not a people person to start with. im standing there, trying to enter the info in the kosic, dripping blood on their machine and floor, and i hear my youngun bust loose with a tirade that woulda made any westpac sailor take notes… I counted 2 languages, mighta been three, first one to get to saw the holster and hesitated, second one saw the C.A.T. and sped up.(sweatshirt slid half off, soaked) she locked it down 1 more turn, told me i was close enough and off i went to get a new PICC line installed.
first she thought i was shot, told her snapped a PICC.

anyway, spent the rest the day, cleanin my holster belt and gear, do the truck a second time tomorrow, it looked like a crime scene, and wouldnt let girlchild clean it up, due to the flipping infection. even washed the dog.
moral of my story, if you dont have a C.A.T. tourniquet, get one. get two. keep one on your gear bag. you nick something deep, you will pass out before you get it shut down 90% of the time.

doc did tape it triple tape it this time, both sides of the clamp…:smiling_imp:
if nothing else, i can be entertaining…

@russ is that the name of it[new skin] sounds like a handy thing to have id have no problem using up the bottle ,wonder if i can get it in ireland ive never heard of it or can you get it on line

@GOBLIN you had a good day did’nt you :joy::joy::joy: glad your ok though buck

@hunter1916 You can get it on Amazon if need be.AC_SY400

@dave67 thanks for that dave

@dave67 just ordered the new skin in a spray on ebay approx 13$ thats including post from the states to ireland

@goblin Glad to hear it turned out well and that you’re OK.

Yep that is the name. Try this link New Skin Products. That will probably be your best bet for getting it in Ireland.

@hunter1916: Apologize for replying so late. My IP provided modem/router has been glitchy and had to order a new one and install.

@russ thanks russ i found some on ebay and ordered the spray version thanks for the info