M*CARBO Brotherhood

Prepay Backorder?

due to the chronic severe shortage of ammo and the four food groups of reloading - brass, primers, bullets & powder - I am looking for an online retailer that will take pre-paid backorders.

Brownells allows some backordering but not for any of these items. Anyone got any ideas? I’ve waitlisted my sorry a$$ on a bunch of sites. Midway USA, Brownells, Grabagun, Midsouth Shooters, Precision, FedArm, etc.

Mainly need Small Pistol & Small Rifle primers and the various powders that go with 5.56mm and 9mm. I reckon I can scrounge all the brass I need at my local range. It’s ironic that this time a year ago I could get all the ammo & reloading stuff I needed at bargain prices.

Thanks in advance for the help, y’all.

3 Likes

@A-Argh15 Atlantic Tactical. My friends and I have done so and I currently have 9mm on order @ about .36-.38 per round.
This is for factory ammo

4 Likes

Rocky Mountain Reloading/Bullets will accept pre-orders. I’ve got 124gr JHP, 500 count on backorder now. About .12 cents apiece. Shipped. Not my first order with them, very pleased with their service and quality of product.
https://www.rmrbullets.com/

4 Likes

Festus & Margate - thanks for the heads-up. Will look into both.

Right now, I’m hearing the best ways to buy in person are to line up early before opening times at Academy Sports & Outdoors, Sportsmans Warehouse and local pawn shops that sell ammo and reloading items.

3 Likes

@A-Argh15 , Easy for you to say.LOL. I live in NJ so we have 1 bass pro within 65 miles. The rest is a non starter

1 Like

If you plan on waiting it out at Academy you need to be one of the first 5 or so in line. Their quantities have been going down and their prices have been going up. To do that you’ll probably need to be there at least 8 hours or more before they open depending on where you’re located. You’ll be limited to how much you can buy and it’s never been more than 3 boxes of whatever. If the boxes are more than 50 rounds limit is one. Last Friday was my last dance with them. I got there @ 4:00 AM and was 11th in line. They open @ 9:00. People at the front of the line were there @ midnight. Had nothing left that I wanted when I got to the counter. YMMV. Good luck.

3 Likes

I just ordered Wednesday, 6 boxes of 50 rounds in 9mm from a place called Orange Target Ammo ,out if FL. I never heard of them before.They were $33 a box,in stock.Yesterday I got a email from Ups that they were expecting to deliver Friday. When I check the order on the website, it says order "unfulfilled ".Feeling nervous in Pa…:grimacing:

4 Likes

I am on the notify list for all ammo I shoot(9mm/45 Colt/556-223/12ga) at several sites. As soon as they notify me,if the price is decent I buy it. Best for me all around has been Midway/,Rogers Sporting Goods/ VTAmmo wharehouse/ Atlantic Tactical if you are willing to pre pay and recieve several weeks or months later ?I usually get my orders at my door, incl new rifle or Ammo in 3-5 days from the minute I order

4 Likes

Hey Festus - thanks again for the link to RMR! The day after you posted that link I pre-paid backordered 1k of 9mm 115gr and the site says no later than May 10th. We’ll see. Good price though.

I said on another thread here that it seems of the “big Six” in reloading, that Midway USA seems to be the one getting replenished the most often. The other five are Brownells, MidSouth, Natchez, Precision and Reloading Everything.

2 Likes

My pleasure. Mid Way and Mid South have also treated me well. Just scored some 77gr Sierra OTM in ,224 from Mid Way, looking forward to loading those up, should be here tomorrow.

1 Like

@MMargate - I just realized now that you are a Scrapple-eating SHOOBIE!! What the hell are you doing on HERE! (lmao)

p.s. if you are looking for a great range try going out on Rte 40(?) and get the number for Cumberland Riflemen in Cumberland County. Cheap dues and they have ranges for 600 yard, 100 yard sighting in, 50 yard pistol, shotgun range. They used to have a range for “shooting your wife’s crappy washer & dryer that shit the bed” but in Das Pueblos Republik de Nueva Hersey I bet that has changed.

2 Likes

@A-Argh15 Wow Who’d of thunk someone would pickup and guess right about location?
Only thing you missed is A’INT no SHOOBIE here . Thems fightin words. Born in Atl City & our family of ten migrated to you guessed where.
Only thing is we always moved back to A. City or Ventnor in the summer into 3 bedroom apartments to rent our house for the summer. Needed to pay last years oil bills nd school tuitions.
Things a bit better now. LOL
Cumberland about 35 miles away but do like it’s outdoor capability & will keep in mind when weather warms up…
My buddy owns Range 129 10 minutes from my house only downside is no outdoor other than archery.

1 Like

Is Zeus Sporting Goods still a thing? I got my first firearm there, a Mossberg .22LR Target rifle w/ Lyman peep sights. And R&R Gunsmiths in Somers Point is good too.

Yer talkin’ to a multi-generation Island Piney. But when I saw all the damn Shoobies overrunning the island I sold out and moved to SE Fla; working in construction sales. Good cheddar until Obola’s New Depression took hold. GTFO in Aught 9.

1 Like

@A-Argh15 sadly Zeus and R & R are gone. I also bought my first gun at Zeus in 1977. I am custom home builder almost all for Shoobs.

I talked to the R&R guy as recently as 2016. Sad to hear he folded up his tent. It must be amazingly difficult to be a gunsmith/ dealer in New Joizy.

In NJ you need a firarems ID card for long guns and you have to go to your local PD to get a handgun purchase permit, per handgun. Oy Caramba!

Here in La you can walk into any gun shop and buy a rifle, shotgun or handgun with a drivers license and a clean FBI NICS background check. No waiting other than for the NICS check. If you have a CCL you still have to fill out the Form 4473 but there’s no NICS check because your background check for the CCL is far more exhaustive than the NICS check.

1 Like

They also use the NICS check to delay you again.Sometimes usually 3-9 days. Thankfully my city police processes within 30 days or so. Some towns take months. We apply for a few handgun permits at a time as they last 180 days but you must wait at least 30 days between handgun purchases.
R & R reopened as Gorilla Gunz
Zeus closed in 2018

1 Like