Post Those Revolvers!

Just picked up a little Ruger Wrangler .22lr. Time to get my inner Alec Baldwin on…or not…

20 Likes

@Wedge put some white tape on the barrel and write “prop gun.”

12 Likes

Really enjoy mine. It definitely slows the use of ammo. Have fun.

8 Likes

Good one! Maybe a “no live ammo” remove before flight type tag, too. :rofl:

12 Likes

Just hang a little flag outta the barrel that says “BANG!”

10 Likes

Yeah, I was in Cal Ranch on Sunday and saw the Wrangler and watched an episode of “1883” last night, which put me in the mood. I was wanting a new .22 plinker anyway since I still have unopened milk carton 555 round packs of cheap Remington Lightning ammo I’ve been moving around with me since the '80s. Crap probably won’t even fire, not that it was all that reliable in the first place. LOL

14 Likes

My ruger wrangler has become one of my favorite shooters and is what ive been using for the hg-1 mail in match on here. Very accurate and just damn fun to shoot. I was looking at the heritage pistols and got a good deal on the wrangler. The heritage pistols are good plinkers but i find the ruger to be a little better fit and finish. There also post to be workin on a 22 mag cylinder for the wranglers like the old single six had and like the heritage have. And they allready are offering a birdshead grip model with shorter barrel. Kinda like the barkeep.

12 Likes

My buddy did it with his Open gun haha

15 Likes

Nice. I’d think disabling the grip safety would be a no-no, though…

5 Likes

@Wedge no big deal :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

10 Likes

Those are some mighty special “competition” shorts your buddy’s wearing…two questions come to mind.

Is he related to this guy…

…and did he lose his hat?

:rofl:

15 Likes

I’ve discovered this is a real problem for me. Every time I watch a movie I find myself more interested in identifying all of the firearms (with a particular weakness for handguns lately)…which frequently leads to me wanting said firearms if I don’t already have. I’ve since stopped watching movies… :crazy_face:

That Wrangler’s a good looking revolver. :+1:

8 Likes

LOL Western movies got me into lever action rifles, too. I was never interested in them or revolvers at all because they were “old school”. Now that I’m rapidly becoming old school, myself, I’m finding them more and more interesting. Funny how that works.

7 Likes

Yep, this…bit of problem for me, really like the levers. I’ve been resisting the idea of a carbine in .44 mag for over two years. I’m holding fast for now, but there’s an underlying feeling that it’s only a matter of time before I crumble to temptation. Not if, but when… :smirk:

6 Likes

I really, really want the all weather stainless Marlin in .45-70 that Chris Pratt had in his “Jurassic Park” movies. Same for “Wind River”, too, but I can’t remember what caliber that one was. :+1:

8 Likes

Just do it!

Levers are it. Basically top of my want list since 'bout 1972. I finally got my first that wasn’t a red rider bb gun in 'bout 2008. Jokers ain’t inexpensive.

I really like the Wranglers but I had a pair of $99 Rough Riders before Ruger released the Wrangler. If I could get my $198 investment back out of the pair … I think a Wrangler’d make a nice upgrade.

So, I’m presently really wanting a modern DA 22lr revolver and regretting passing on the DW Pistol Pack I was offered at $1300 'bout 7 years back.

I’m presently praying the 17-3 being offered at $900 is sold and gone before I spend more money I need elsewhere.

8 Likes

The all weather guns are hard to resist. I had a Henry Big Boy Steel hard chrome all weather in .357/.38, a great gun, but I sold it recently to fund one of their case color hardened big loop carbines with the octagon bull barrel (chambered in the same). But now I find myself think of all weathers again…pathetic, see how easy it is? :laughing:

6 Likes

Ohhhh, those are dead sexxayyy beasts!

5 Likes

I’m not ashamed to say I slept naked with it the first night at home… :grinning:

6 Likes

It happens. Come on, who hasn’t been there? :rofl:

4 Likes