M*CARBO Brotherhood

Polishing Trigger Parts On GP100

Looking for info on how much pressure should be used when polishing trigger parts with a Dremel

1 Like

How much pressure?? Well that is a very subjective thing. Much like the instructions to “hand tighten only”. Heck, know some guys whose “hand tighten” would have me straining with a wrench. Use some pressure greater than weight of tool, but don’t remove machining marks. Do a search on “Polishing Trigger parts” on this forum. Some of the guys on this forum are real good and innovative.

4 Likes

the guy that taught me how to buff out alloys and stainless steels, told me, and ive always don it that way on a baldor buffer, "you want to push hard enough to smoothe and buff, but if it stars dropping your rpm below 3000, and the part gets to hot to hold, your pushing to hard. " makes the rouge put a hard clot on the buff when it gets to hot, and that dont polish any thing. thats why you rake your buffs and re apply. also have a buff set for each color of rouge. never mix and mach.

5 Likes

Thanks
This makes good sense.
Gets

hot to much pressure!
Awesome

6 Likes

Thanks Russ.
Good advice
Hope someday I can help you out.

3 Likes

should get warm, with friction, but if you cant hold it let it cool it down Hot yer burning/cutting not polishing. you will notice rouge sticking in clots to the metal.

5 Likes

@GOBLIN

Buck,

Now I know ‘why’ your fingers look as though they need a good pedicure!!! You need to speak to ‘girlchild’ about this… :rofl:

3 Likes

I have had the parts and supplies for the better part of a week now for my GP 100 trigger job. Just opened the package for inventory and preparation to do this tomorrow morning.
A couple days a go I emailed the shop asking if they have a this emblem in a sticker. (See photo)
For I didn’t see it on the web site. LOL there it is in my trigger job package! COOL BEANS!
59 and love stickers , just a kid at heart.
Thanks Chrisimage image

5 Likes

Trigger job completed!
No problems
Followed the video and all went great.
Had a good time! FUN FUN!:sunglasses:
Dropped trigger pull 1.25 lbs.

4 Likes