M*CARBO Brotherhood

Polishing Trigger Parts (Hammer, Sear, Trigger Bar)

Very positive thing @Turmeric! Great detailed post, I’ve read it five or six times now. Mainly trying to figure where I went wrong trying to reassemble my S2k after trigger job.:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey guys I do have an OCD issue. Anytime Chris wants someone to do an update I am more than happy to go OCD. All he needs to do is send me a gun and parts and I WILL PLAY.

3 Likes

It was and is a labor of love !!!
Did you figure it out ?

2 Likes

I know of a good trophy at the awards ceremony. I WANT A " I POOPED TODAY" tee shirt !!!

I have been laughing for 5 days now everytime i think about it !!!

4 Likes

@Turmeric LOL, you DID say you were going to edit it! I read it right after you first posted it so I will go through it again for new details but it was already an outstanding write up that definitely had a lot of thought and effort put into it. A great contribution to the forum! :beers: :+1:

4 Likes

I am happy to be back. Trying to get caught up.
I took a hiatus after I sent the S2K in for the recall. then got involved in PCPs with the local airgunners group and had way too much fun with those toys :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Then got real busy. Then went to Washington state and helped my son with a shed project.
Now just realized tonight how far along this forum has gotten.
I had NO idea the responses to my work on the trigger would be what they are and thank ALL for the welcome back.

8 Likes

Welcome Back’ And I just noticed in your Pictures that you Have also discovered one of my Top Secrets of using Honda Products (Moly paste) Good Stuff ! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

bought it for use in NP and RWS. how long have you been using ?

springer airguns

2 Likes

In the picture of the 2 hammers you said the one on the left was original. Did it come with that arc milled out ?

1 Like

@Turmeric Yea that is just the way it was installed in the gun. I never really determined why they are different…

1 Like

They might have been taking mass off the bottom end change how hard it hit.
But it looks real strange.
What do Gen1’s look like.
Maybe a left over from another gun.

1 Like

Matt, I was just reviewing the vidies again and realized the pro trigger group installation video cuts out about 2.5 minutes short. One of you guys tell Chris?

2 Likes

I sent Chris the message.

1 Like

here is what a 2lb 12oz trigger helped me do .40S2K 50 and 100yds.

5 Likes

@Turmeric This polishing post will be very helpful as the all in one trigger kit arrived Friday and I am going to tackle the job this afternoon. Dremel ready, kit set, GO!

6 Likes

@gatekeeper I am happy to hear it helped
Also threads “trigger creep…” and “how low trigger pull can go” are good ones if you have not read them. some redundancy but good stuff. Just FYI @triggerhappy gave me the kick in the ASS that got me started on thinking about the whole shaaabang !

How Low Can Trigger Pull Be Reduced?

Trigger Creep Elimination

Please let me know how it turns out

3 Likes

@Turmeric you’re welcome friend lol We are for inspiration as well as information! :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

I thank U 4 that !!! :superhero:

3 Likes

Thank you for the time and effort that went into a excellent tutorial.:+1::+1::us:

5 Likes

Nice job! When I break mine down again, I am going to polish a few extra areas now that you have shown this.Thank you!

Putting my new trigger kit in the first time, I had it all assembled and re-installing the safety pin. I pushed the pin in too far on the spring side and the spring came out on the inside of the assembly. I had to dismantle the grips and just about start over. D’oh!!! Luckily I did not loose the safety pin and spring when I took the grips back apart. Someone was looking out for me for sure on that deal! :grin:

7 Likes