M*CARBO Brotherhood

Polishing Compound

Coming here first - and I DID do a search first, but can’t find it…

TL;DR - can I buy the polishing compound outside of the kit?

Longer - bought the polishing kit and the trigger kit for my Shield - LOVED it! Smooth as BUTTER! Polished the parts inside - used up a ‘bit’ in my Dremel. Last night I used up a second bit and the rest of the compound polishing my SA-22 Browning.

I have another ‘kit’ ordered and a trigger kit for my wife’s Shield, so I will have more. I see I can buy (and did order a 10 pack) the sandpaper separate, the PTFE, the dremel bits - but I can’t find the compound…

In a related question (and I did NOT search for this - I just thought about it), can you wash the microfiber cloth? It’s pretty ugly now. :slight_smile:

Thanks!!!

3 Likes

Flitz works very well polishing compound.

3 Likes

I have washed micro fiber by hand with dish soap.
If you are talking larger towels, then machine wash, but not dish soap.

Why not use rubbing compound like you would use on a car?
I have used it on cars before but not for any other metal.

ah - by hand - didn’t think of that… was just wondering if I could throw it in the washing machine when I’m washing there towels, but I’ll do that instead :slight_smile:

Is that compound the same as the Fitz (sp?) stuff?

2 Likes

Can you buy it separate though - that is my question - and I was calling it Fitz - thx for the correction. :slight_smile:

1 Like

okay - found it offsite - but was hoping the Chris sold it here to give him the business…

1 Like

I like that, “The Chris” lol

4 Likes

You absolutely CAN throw them in the wash, but you may irk the wife if you toss them in the same load as her dainties. :smile:

1 Like

You can wash them in the washing machine, but let them air dry. Not in the dryer.

I to would like to buy just the Flitz metal polish from Chris separately maybe in a bit larger tin. The stuff is great and does wonders.

I to would like to buy just the Flitz metal polish from Chris separately maybe in a bit larger tin. The stuff is great and does wonders.

must be 20 characters Amazon

1 Like