PMR 30 upgrades

Why not list this hand gun for $750 WITH upgrades out of the box? Purchased two of them and spent $200+ getting them to shoot w/o problems

2 Likes

I just got 1 last week and I haven’t really had a problem yet. I plan on the m*carbo upgrade but right now it’s working fine. I had trouble finding ammo to start with and got some Winchester super x. I had 1fail to feed. A buddy of mine has had 1 for a while and shooting his is what made me buy it. He told me up front to only buy cci maxi mag, but I couldn’t find any the day I got it and just had to shoot it! Lol! I found some cci this weekend and I ran 170 rounds thru it without a problem. Only let me buy 4 boxes so I saved a full mag. After that I started wasting the super x and hell I haven’t had another problem out of it either! Maybe I just got lucky.

1 Like

Since my post, the fact that I still love the gun even with a series of problems, I bought my wife a PMR30
We took it out to the property to try hers.
150 some rounds, not ONE problem.
Switched slide with my gun…guess what? not ONE
problem. To be sure, I switched out just the barrels. Her barrel ran PERFECT in my frame and slide.
Obviously a barrel issue.
Contacted KEL-TEC and they are sending me label to return it to them via Fed x. Very nice folks there.
I love shooting that weapon and I’m certain they will make it shoot like hers. :blush:

2 Likes

I don’t own any KelTec firearms, but it seems like their customer service is on point

1 Like

So there I was…

I was headed home… long drive and there’s a well stocked gun shop on the way. I stopped in to browse with no particular agenda. I notice a PMR-30 in the SALE display case. I ask to see it. Guess what the price was? I’ll tell you… $699.

I look at the person behind the counter and said… “You gotta be f—ing kidding. This is a $500 gun all day long, everywhere. Some places under five bills.” He just shrugs.

Just for grins, I ask to see a Hellcat RDP with the optics and compensator. I have one and know what it costs. He picks it up, looks at the tag and tells me the price is $985. That’s a double WTF. That same pistol can be had for $750. I look at the guy and say, “Dude, somebody would have to be from Stupidville to pay these prices.” I left, buying nothing.

I’m all for free markets but this place isn’t ever going to see a nickel of my money. I would like to get a PMR but it’s going to be thru Gunbroker.

2 Likes