M*CARBO Brotherhood

Pivot block reinstall

How do I properly reinstall the body to the sight post? It has a spring in there and I’m not sure the proper seating of this part.the diameter of the stock sight pin was bigger than my tool both were 4 prong style,but anyway I need to remove the body to remove the sight pin,now I have my new pin installed but need to figure out on to people seat that spring

1 Like

3 Likes

I ain’t never took one apart. Looked here for you, but seems you gotta buy the part to get the assembly instructions:

So, that’s your expensive option. Hopefully someone has a budget friendly fix.

3 Likes

4th pic shows spring short leg to the right looking down

4 Likes

Thanks for the input,its hard for me to see how and where exactly the spring is positioned in the housing.

3 Likes

short led to the right long leg to the left as your behind the buttstock looking down that will put the short leg high with the long leg low and the bolt going thru the coil. leg position will be pointed toward you/buttstock

3 Likes

Your description made that easy,everything is where it should be.one thing though I noticed moving windage left to right does almost nothing.it will move one notch toward left or back to neutral. Any opinions on this? Thanks again at least I got my new sight post installed looks great

5 Likes

does it appear that both sides of the spring legs are loading?

3 Likes

I changed mine out last year. I called them the instructions for doing it are on the Gen 1 item, I told them last year to add them to the Gen 2 item as well since it’s the same install. If memory serves me right. Works great, really like mine.

1 Like

I finally gave up on the OEM front sight and replaced with the Red Lion foldable.

2 Likes