M*CARBO Brotherhood

Pistol Gallery!

AV8R,
Thanks much Brother. By your handle you must fly. I have a Cessna 180 with fat tires and a big motor. Live in N. Idaho and do a lot of back country stuff—and still build a few guns.

5 Likes

I can concur. @Taj Very nice.

5 Likes

Have to agree with them, @Taj . The checkering, beavertail and sights get it there but she still keeps a very classic look. Lovely patina as well. I wouldn’t feel ashamed to be seen shooting that one. :wink:

5 Likes

I do, 737’s for the past 16 years.
I’d sooner be flying your 180 though. That sounds like fun to me!!

5 Likes

@Taj Fat? Or really fat?

4 Likes

Tex Eskimo,
I have a set of 29’s for it but don’t fly with them most of the time. 8.50’s get me in and out of most places I need to go in Idaho and the 29’s really slow me down and burn more gas. That and they are too darned pricey and I don’t want to wear them out if I don’t need them. The majority of the strips we fly into are in pretty decent condition. When we go to AK, it’s a different story. Gravel bars and sandy beaches. I leave the AK Bushwheels tailwheel on most of the time. I had a Supercub with cartoon tires on it for a few years but I’m 6’4" and the wife is 6’ so it was a bit tight. The 180 fits us a bit better and the wife can carry more “crap” when we go camping.

6 Likes

Burro AV8R,
The only professional flying I’ve done was for the Sheriff’s Dept for 12 years. Now it’s for fun. I’m a bit over 70 so not sure how long I can maintain my medical. So far so good.
Take care Brother!

7 Likes

Thanks guys. Appreciate that. Carried a 1911 for over 40 years. Can’t think of a reason to stop now.
The little Commander has a Bar-Sto barrel as well, so she shoots good too. The old Gov’t model I carried for many years was getting a bit heavy and a little harder to hide, so I built the Commander. I’m still a bit old school. Blued steel and walnut still make me breathe hard. I’m fortunate to have been a formally trained gunsmith in a formal life and still have a complete machine shop in my plane hanger. Working on 1911s is good therapy.

10 Likes

Bought my first semi auto in Dec. 1999 -remember all the hype of Y2K. Love this gun…Walther P99 in 40 shooting over 2000fps using 60 grain Civil Defense Liberty Ammo. Amazing the weight difference

12 Likes

Beretta Model 81 32 ACP Cheetah Series - 1979
Czech CZ CZ82 9x18MM Makarov - 1989
Cugir TT33 7.62x25MM Romanian Tokarev - 1956

13 Likes

And the new P320 build.

11 Likes

My ode to diversity and inclusion, in these troubling times…

13 Likes

No White privilege here:

fjb

11 Likes

Got the Kimber last week, my first 1911. This is a picture of the very moment I gripped it for the first time. It was almost like a religious experience… :innocent:

She is like a sexy woman that I can dress up as I please… :stuck_out_tongue:

And to all you that convinced me to buy my first 1911… thanks for the freakin’ big flat out lie that I should buy a 1911 because no one makes accessories and I would save money in the long run. Not funny at all. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

6 Likes

Quit playing dress up with the thing and shoot it already, honky! It’s not a Barbie, FFS! :grinning:

10 Likes

giphy_3oEjI80DSa1grNPTDq_fixed_width_8140356908768

But… it’s… sooooo… clean.

Maybe I’ll buy a cheaper 1911 and shoot that one? Or, just rent one from my range occasionally?

8 Likes

@TexasEskimo
wear a glove and keep a Kleenex handy

8 Likes

@cico7 Well Said ! :rofl: It’s not a Barbie or a glock ‘‘Shoot it’’

8 Likes

I think mr @TexasEskimo is more of a 3rd or 4th or 5th date kinda guy. Hes still in the wine and dine phase. When all that dirty girl 1911 wants is to have them panties dropped. And some fire put down her muzzle.

6 Likes