Photography Anyone? 📸

Where is The Slowest? @Slowest ? He disappeared after his vacation to SA.

5 Likes

Give him a minute @Slowest he will eventually reply, lol

5 Likes

I dont have his number or id call him up check on him. I sent @Slowest a pm allmost a month ago asking where he disappeared to. Hopefully hes allright and will drag back in here sooner or later. Hes one of the usual suspects i mean regulars around here so it aint the same when you guys go awol.

11 Likes

Had to repot the wife’s peace lily…

The pot is actually a 5 gallon glass tub from an old mineral oil bath at the lab for warming sample jars. They were gonna toss it in the glass dumpster and I said I’ll take it!

15 Likes

Been on back to back quest, looking for mineral deposits.
On the trail on the way out of the field noticed this little fella moseying along and took a photo of an eastern red spotted newt.

IMG_20220602_153445

16 Likes

@Moosecall Welcome back to civilization again friend! You didn’t miss a thing. lol.

8 Likes

Hey @TexasEskimo thanks, I see everyone is working away diligently on some great projects.
It’s been a crazy couple of weeks. I put aside some really interesting rocks. This time was seeking gold, copper and silver. I see the stock market and mostly everything else is getting a pounding.
I have more photos to post, just waiting for them to upload.
Cheers,

10 Likes

Gobble gobble

12 Likes

Psathyrellaceae fungus

9 Likes

@Thatoneguy
Fungus, is that eatable or will it turn my liver into jelly?

3 Likes

There would be a few things I’d check first to make sure. A few of the Psathyrellaceae fungi are eatable but not all and fungus is not my strong suit.
All I know is, the ones that are eatable auto digest their gills after picking to produce a liquid that contains the spore, but it wouldn’t surprise me if some bad ones did too :mushroom:

5 Likes

You know, I think besides myself there are a bunch of us that have absolutely no clue what the hell that means. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Larry :wink:

5 Likes

Fair enough, lol.

Basically it’s a “destruction to propagate” thing.

After less than an hour of being picked, enzymes are released that will turn the gills of the mushroom to a thick liquid that contains the spores rather than releasing them to the air or spread by animal droppings.

In essence, it knows when it’s doomed and tries to multiply quickly before it’s gone forever.

Interesting note: a Fungus in Oregon is now the worlds largest thing (by biomass) unseating Pando in Utah.

3 Likes

Here are a few more photos.
I almost forgot to take some scenic shots.
Working on a mineralized quartz vein beside a spring fed creek.
FYI… custom build rock hammer works great…

11 Likes

Spring fishfly

7 Likes

@LarrySr
Here is the end result of the process:

You can see the stems still upright, but the caps has basically “dissolved” to black goo in the pics below

So if you see black spots around the outside of the house, this may be a candidate. These just may have hit their “time” and started the process internally as the fruiting bodies of fungus generally don’t last/survive long.

6 Likes

Meanwhile in Kansas…

11 Likes

12 Likes

I think the Wicked Witch of the west was riding that bicycle. Since it was in black & white in that part of the movie, it looks different in color. And TOTO?

8 Likes

This is a Detroit “fishfly”

7 Likes