Photography Anyone? 📸

I start off with .44 for a gallon of Fresh RO water from a local grocery. then put it through the ZERO WATER filter for water with 0 PPM.
The filter cost starts at $44.00 (holder and first filter) then around $11.00/ filter replacement. The manufacturer says it will treat 30 to 40 gallon of regular tap water (depending on PPM of the water).
I am fortunate to live in the good water district, my water is around 137PPM. Do the math that would put me @ lets say 30 gallons of water @ 137ppm around the capacity of 30x137= 4110 PPM of TDS.

@ 6 PPM/ gallon= 4110/6=685 gallons for$11.00 filter That works out to around .46/gallon of pure water. I change my filter every 2 yrs. weather I have to or not.
By the way the filter comes with a TDS meter so you can monitor it. Once I ran the filter to the point it tasted bad, took a reading and it read 5 PPM.
I make my ice the old fashion way, CUBE TRAYS.

It is not spring water but damn healthy, I think ?
I try to do do at least 3/4 gallon /day.

Now for the photography !
This is what happens when my pure water freezes.

5 Likes

Yes, healthy but for a very different reason v. healthy spring water. Healthy spring water is devoid of pollutants but rich in minerals. RO water is pretty much pure H2O - no minerals.

So, both protect you from unhealthy pollutants. A diet supplemented exclusively with RO water can come up short in essential minerals.

I run two RO systems in the house. Our Ice machines are fed RO. And refrigerator doors provide RO. But, we supplement with mineral rich well water. When we added the well water (by moving to new house), everyone, including our Vet, noted the improved texture of our French Bulldogs’ Coats (just one example).

6 Likes

I agree whole heartedly about minerals in spring water. I do enough supplementation to counter the pure water.
I sweat a lot, always have ! It is genetic.

4 Likes

There’s an island I know that has all RO water. Like stated above no beneficial minerals in RO or Nanopure water.
What happens in plumbing systems is the water tries to revert back to having minerals…leaching them.
It’s job security for plumbers as appliances don’t last and it’s a repeat job replacing hot water tanks, plumbing fixtures every few years.:scream:

Office of Water (4601M)
Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water Distribution System Issue Paper
Permeation and Leaching

4 Likes

Decided to go completely with the “Texas Gray Man” look today here at work… :innocent:

8 Likes

In Texas I believe you would fit in better if it were a silver star on a blue shirt, cowboy. :wink:

Yes, I do believe you would blend well at least in North Central Tejas.

4 Likes

When I go to places inhabited by flaming artists, I carry some of my kit in an instrument case. If I am asked to play, I hand out earplugs and tell them it is going to be real loud. Maybe I should invest in a silencer.

8 Likes

I was looking at the “corkscrew cloud” pic again and noticed this: :alien:

6 Likes

Just me and the boys up late bingeing on Officer Tatum…

10 Likes

What about this?!!!

6 Likes

I think you missed it. Here…is the UFO:

4 Likes

another local pic from this morning (not mine)

15 Likes

You got me there….here’s a small view of NOW: :camera_flash:

10 Likes

My campsite right now. Well deserved vacation.

14 Likes

Very nice Joseph. Where are you at?

9 Likes

@TexasEskimo
Closest town would be Rome, Pennsylvania. Smack dab between north east and north central PA. Near the New York State border. Nothing up here, which is why I like it.

12 Likes

I had to pay for the campsites internet because of no cell service. Lol. And maybe, just maybe, one of these LGSs will have Canik mags in stock for the wife’s new gun. But doubtful.

10 Likes

So the last two weekends were solid rain which meant no cutting the lawn, which was now pretty high. Did my walk through to make sure there aren’t any branches or anything else hiding in the tall grass and happened across this scenario…

Dude was really leanin’ into it.

13 Likes

Wholly CRAp THIS IS DEFINITLY a UFO. IMHO

Can I use this picture. Maybe @TexasEskimo can do some rendering to clean it up on a high power zoom from the origian.

It would be great to see if up closer and clearer.

UFO 2022_zoomed

2 Likes

Kind of know the area, had friends living in Sayre and Mansfield, grandfather had a camp outside of Wellsboro. Whole lot of nature up there. Pine Cradle?

Well, at least you’re sticking to the storyline…good man… :rofl:

3 Likes