Photography Anyone? Pictures YOU Took. 📸

Remember carrying dimes in my loafers for an emergency call.

5 Likes

As a kid, scouring the coin returns for arcade quarters ! :laughing::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

Must be some Amish nearby is all I could think of.

2 Likes

My fluffy cow.
Found some 230 federal .45 at smoky mountain knife works for 24. A box and the 40gr Federal 22 for $19 a box Primers-189 per 1000 CCI SRP!
They are still there.

8 Likes

Sunday a.m. by the fire is only 2nd best to watching the sunrise from 20ft up a tree. I opted for warmth today…

On a side note, the stoves blower motor is starting to sound like it needs a bearing. Getting loud when it hits high speed.

12 Likes

Sounds like time to “service” the motor…it’s an annual job IMHO.

The motor should have an oil port-cup or two.

The blades probably need dust removed to rebalance them.

Remove the motor and blow everything with compressed air…then check blade balance and oil ports.

Try the simple things first. :face_with_monocle:

Still haven’t lit my woodstove…:scream::fire:

5 Likes

Expanding my moonshine collection.

10 Likes

Ice Flowers

13 Likes

How are those formed? Never seen them before.

6 Likes

@TexasEskimo
Frost flowers develop when air temperatures are freezing but the ground still is warm enough for the plant’s root system to be active . Plant juices flow from these roots up into the stem, where the cold air freezes them. As the moisture in the plant freezes, the ice crystals push out through the stem.

The temp and wind have to be just right. I first saw them about a week before I saw this.

Frost flower formations are also referred to as frost faces , ice castles , ice blossoms , or crystallofolia .

10 Likes

My littlest sister was in Virginia with her boyfriends family for thanksgiving. And yesterday she visited the marine museum. Heres few pics she sent me.

15 Likes

When you crack a hickory nut and it comes out of the shell perfectly in one piece. My squirrel buddy named Buddy loves them.

12 Likes

When fur prices were still decent 20 years ago this was a day’s catch on a 1/2 mile stretch of creek. 4 conibear traps were set one day and the next day produced 4 beaver. The largest hanging up was 72 pounds and I am holding a 68 pounder. The other 2 were in the 40 pound range. The farmer was thrilled I was finally getting them because the normally 5-10’ wide creek had 4 dams in that 1/2 mile stretch and it had flooded many acres of corn. This had been happening for years and he was glad someone was actually able to eliminate the problems they were posing for him. That season I was able to take 27 :beaver: out of that 1/2 mile stretch of Iowa creek.

14 Likes

Another sunrise…:sun_with_face::pray:

:camera_flash:

9 Likes

Amazing, we had a sunrise in South Carolina also. Anyone else have a sunrise this morning too? :thinking:

3 Likes

Technically yes…but no lol. It’s overcast skies for the 2nd straight day, so the sunrise was not visible.

4 Likes

I had a wonderful sunrise, it hits here about an hour after you. Nice to know the sun made it past the East coast. My sunset last night was spectacular though!

13 Likes

I took this just now…

7 Likes

50-75k miles is where the expensive PM starts… have fun!

3 Likes

It’s a slightly modified sporty looking pearl white blacked-out loaded 2012 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ. So that’s an average of 5,300 miles per year. Best option? Free and clear title for 8 years now.

Instead of new wheels just had the originals powder-coated in black. Lifetime warranty. $450 as opposed to $2,000 for aftermarket…

12 Likes