Photography Anyone? Pictures YOU Took. 📸

Probably not a good morning to go streaking. -20 is a bit cool even for the hardiest. This was 2/7/2021 in Iowa.

13 Likes

Thanks you for reminding me why I live in the geographic area that I do. :cold_face:

11 Likes

Went to Jacksons Western Store in “A-She-Ville” today to get a leather belt buckle restitched…they only charged $2! :+1::sunglasses:
So I bought another nice leather belt for $50…:grin:

Looked like 4 guys working down in the leather shop.

Some nice old lever action rifles on the walls…:sunglasses:

Went down in the leather shop and got the tour. Most of the machines are over 100 years old.

9 Likes

What a coincidence. We hadn’t seen a mantis for a few weeks now and then yesterday we had two, very much like those in your photo. And the first time I’ve watched a mantis fly. The flyer jumped on the wife’s leg, scampered up her back and took to flight as I tried to extend my hand for it to crawl on so I could place it back in the foliage.

11 Likes

It’s a stare down…:lizard:

8 Likes

Took the little one out today. Caught himself a frog…

And came across a fine old oak…

Swallowing stone for a while it seems.

13 Likes

Love this cloud transition…

13 Likes

Yes, indeed!

4 Likes

Cops and kids: Westerville

11 Likes

So … I think this is a goose. Had one try to take up residence in my back yard earlier this summer. Took the Frenchies better than a week to convince that one mine would not make a peaceful home for geese.

Well these have joined a troop of non migratory Texas ducks in one of the neighborhoods I service. They came at me demanding fed while I took this pic. These aren’t s’posed to be here. I’m beginning to worry that whatever jacked up people in this country is starting to affect/break wildlife too.

11 Likes

And, the pretty one just sent me this pic.

Those were gifted by our Jersey Giants today. It is our secpnd monster egg, but this is the largest Chicken Egg my bride has ever seen.

12 Likes

Me Hiway #9 had a mudslide recently. Down the road where @GOBLIN grew up.

Mountain living…:sunglasses::face_with_peeking_eye:

9 Likes

I think the issue is the jacked up people.

Used to regularly paddle a particular lake in a state park up in central PA when I lived there. Sign posts in all public places clearly tell the humans not to feed the wildlife. Without fail, almost every visit I witnessed humans feeding the ducks and geese. This actually makes them dependent and violent, particularly when they want food and don’t get it. Had an ornery green head stalk me and bite the bumper on my car once, all because I didn’t have any food. Ballsy birds.

14 Likes

I wish they would show up in my yard! They taste Great ! ! ! !

9 Likes

Now imagine the idiots that feed the Bears & the bears reactions.

10 Likes

Some might call such a thing an almost textbook definition of natural selection in action. I say, feed away…hell, I’ll buy 'em the food to kick things off. We can film from a safe distance. :rofl:

11 Likes

5:53 PM here…:camera_flash: :sunglasses::zap::zap::zap:

7:23 PM…:camera_flash:

7:30 PM…:camera_flash:

And FALL is HERE-NOW…:eye::sunglasses::wind_face:

5 Likes

I’m sure most everyone has heard the phrase… “A picture of frustration!!!”

But have you ever wondered just what that “Picture” might actually look like???
Well, it can come in many forms for certain, but I will submit a few examples, as seen a few minutes ago. approx. 2:30 am mst 9/25/22.

The location: My back yard.

The conditions: Pitch ass black dark, save one lone yard light on the back deck of my house.

My vantage point: From my shop, looking out the door, cracked open only the width of my camera lens. (trying to manual focus, not shake, and failing miserably at both)

Subject of said frustration: Deer (that know I’m there) 20-25 feet from me.

I took about 30 shots, without the flash (because they can see and hear the pre-flash strobe).

The “Frustration”…Between the darkness, slow shutter speed with no flash, my shaking, and them always moving around and awareness of me, these were the best pics I could get.
(With the added insult that, although he’s right there with the rest of them, I can never manage to get even a single, crappy shot of the “Big Boy”)

He is one sly SOB… And for the life of me, I don’t know how in the hell he does it???

So, in closing, I would like to say…Argh!!!

LOL

Thank you very much! :grinning:

12 Likes

Wolf/Grass spider. About the size of a 1/2 dollar and looking for a warm spot in the garage…

10 Likes

That one goose looks like he wants food but that one in the back looks like he wants your wallet :joy:

8 Likes