M*CARBO Brotherhood

Peep sight for the sub 2000 9mm

Did anyone else that ordered the Peep sight for the sub 2000 gen 2 have the wrong allen wrench sent with it?

1 Like

I ordered the notch sight and at first thought the same thing about the included allen wrench. I soon realized that the allen wrench included fit the smaller set screw that secured the sight to the post upon which the sight is secured. It was not meant to help take apart the rifle. Perhaps your situation is similar.
Kind regards

4 Likes

Actually you are correct, i feel stupid for not checking first, before going all off reservation with that comment lol, i thank you sir

2 Likes

You just described 90% of my posts. :rofl:

2 Likes

The other thing, at least about the notch sight, is that it’s higher than the stock peep sight. I was unable to adjust the stock front sight post high enough to get the classic “equal height, equal light” picture I get with my pistol sights. So I had to buy a new taller front sight post to make the sight picture I wanted work. Then I had to sight in the gun on the target.
MCarbo does briefly mention in the instillation video that the sight picture will be different, but I think they should have either included a taller front sight post and tool with the taller rear sight or have offered it as an option.
Enjoy your new peep sight.
Kind regards.

1 Like

Maybe im weird, but my mseries with Mcarbo peep and standard height front post, shoots fine.

1 Like