M*CARBO Brotherhood

Peep sight arm just fell off

So my peep sight arm just fell off…grrrrrr.

6 Likes

@CatFood Mike well that stinks, but you can always get another one from MCARBO if you want it.

6 Likes

@Johnksg, yep but still shot the heck out of it. It’s a tack driver! Quite fun. Just a previous issues with the ejector but put a slight bend in it and it’s fixed!

5 Likes

I would probably drill and tap it , and add a set screw… make it “bullet proof”

3 Likes

@GOBLIN I was thinking that, but I don’t know what type of steel mcarbo used for the pin.

I was also thinking of using some type of bonding glue like loctite 620 or something similar.

3 Likes

Remember life time warranty. You wont have a problem sending them email and getting another free in the mail. Great guys

7 Likes

@Silverback yep, shot them a email yesterday night. Just waiting till the holiday is over to get a reply. Seems the knurling is really small on the pin and the aluminum just sheared off it and it fell off.

5 Likes

:+1: great company to deal with

5 Likes

Yup, just contact @ChrisNelson and he’ll get you fixed up. :+1:

5 Likes

@CatFood As Wedge said Life time Warranty! And State Farm says your in good hands! But Better ‘‘hands and service’’ from Mcarbo!!

5 Likes

Yep just waiting for the holiday to end to get a reply. I was just glade I cought it in time before I lost it in the sea of brass.

On a side note, a guy in the bay next to me asked what I was shooting as it was really quiet. Apparently the sub2k is really quiet? Maybe it’s the wicked mcarbo brake?

3 Likes

@CatFood

I think he was being sarcastic . I know mine is load enough to make people turn to see what I’m shooting . :rofl::+1:

4 Likes

@godallmighty probably lol. But lots of people were shooting loud stuff last night it was a indoor range, of which were a 500, a ton of 5.56 (including mine, we are all using brakes as we are featureless in kommiefornia), .308 and some other large calibers. So probably why he thought it was quiet? He had never seen a s2k before.

I digress, the s2k was a tack driver though.

4 Likes

I highly recommend the metal peep site from MCarbo. Feels really solid and it helps get your eyes up to a more natural location.

@sailor_sbr2 Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.