M*CARBO Brotherhood

PDW (Personal Defense Weapon) Debate

Try to distract a cat when it’s chasing a laser pointer beam !

I am ordering the parts to build one tonight,

3 Likes

I have made up my mind into getting a Kel-Tec RDB as soon as I can. Waited on line about 2 hrs. Just left. Go back another day. I watched a video by Pistol Pete of Spent Brass it was just an hour long. He giving his view/opinion and break down of IWI Tavor and RDB. they did a run and shoot pro’s and con’s on both. even though I was on the fence about purchasing the RDB while on line. Watched more on Kel-Tec RDB and kept going back to Pistol Pete review on the RDB. He owns both Bullpups. One of the best review on both.

2 Likes

I always suggest that if your going out in a place where there are brown bears to carry bear mace. I’ve used it on 2 occasions the first was early season and I was dealing with a very hungry grumpy mama and her cub. She didn’t made a couple false charges so I gave it to her before she had the resolve to make the third her final approach. It worked well and immediately. She ran away cub behind her. Meanwhile you shoot a bear and you put that animal in fight not flight mode. Something to think about when your out, meter your reaction wisely cause out where I go backpacking help is days away. Best to deter them to engage in a situation that will trigger a death match. Let’s all agree on that they see intelligent creatures that really don’t want to get into it but will if you go there. Give them a reason to to get post haste like and it will be better all around.

Meanwhile the animal that is the worst here in Colorado are Elk. They are not smart and during the rutting season they are double the bravado and half the brains… seriously why would Mother Nature creat an animal that stupid and aggressive and put daggers all over its head. Double that for its even larger and more ridiculous looking distant cousin, moose.

4 Likes

My 300 build. Small, light package.
Runs good and very quiet.

11 Likes

What’s the overall length, with the can and stock folded out?

4 Likes

From the end of the suppresser adapter:

19” Folded

26 1/2” Open with stock at shortest position
31” with can

30” Open with stock at longest position
34 1/2” With can

Reduce by 2” with suppresser adapter removed.

Suppresser length can be reduced by 1 1/2” by removing the last section.

Barrel length is 8”

7 Likes

Interesting indeed! Thanks for the numbers. Nicely done firearm.

7 Likes

No problem.
Many thanks!

3 Likes

Im not sure how mine will run on a can yet. While I opted for the adjustable gas block I did t have the kinda count needed to install a long stroke piston system. I’ll likely buy one, cause I’m really loving OSS. Not the quietest but it’s easier on DI and piston driven systems/

2 Likes

Adjustable gas block is the way to go with DI systems running a can.
I have no experience with piston driven systems on an AR, it will be interesting to see how that runs.
I got lucky on my build, it runs flawlessly with sub-sonic ammo and the Rugged Micro 30 can.

2 Likes

I can answer that, piston driven adjustable gas is the penultimate experience for an AR platform of course then there’s the whole paying for it. That stuff gets to be expensive,

Also I didn’t know you were running suppressed that’s going to change everything.

2 Likes

I run about everything I have suppressed. The past few years I only purchase guns that are able to run a can.
All my AR type rifles from .22-.308 run with a can, occasionally some fine tuning is required for a particular ammunition.
The 300 Blackout rifle in my post ran perfect out of the gate and it does not have an adjustable gas block. I got lucky on that one😉

3 Likes