M*CARBO Brotherhood

PCC With The SUB2000: Your Experience?

Congrats on getting into competition. What do they call second place " the first loser". Take the win and be proud.:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

In USPSA we say “0 or hero” :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Either way no one remembers second place. :us:

1 Like

If I wasn’t disabled I’d love to try this

1 Like

I’m disabled…& LOVE it!!!
PCC in IDPA or Steel Challenge…they Automatically make arrangements to make us disabled folks Right at Home!!!
Wheel chair or anything else…it works great!!
I had major shoulder surgery…& they took it right in stride too!!
Sub2K 40 cal…or pistol…Loads of fun!!
Plus the people!! Smiles all around!!

2 Likes

@DaveCarp: That’s wonderful! I didn’t realize how accomodating they are!! Where do you compete at?

1 Like

We run Steel Matches here at the Wyoming Antelope Club. These are basically what you’re referring to. Shooters typically use anything from a .22 semi auto carbine or pistol, 9 mm carbine, to centerfire handguns (revolvers or semi-autos). Lots of fun!!!

1 Like

I’ve got a steel challenge in the morning. I’ve gone with xdm in the past but tomorrow will be the first time with the sub 2000. I’m pretty excited. My goal is to not be last; we’ll see!

4 Likes

@Jimmy Hey Jimmy, good luck with that steel challenge. Be safe and most of all HAVE FUN.

3 Likes

Wishing you the best. Do the Brotherhood proud

2 Likes

@Jimmy,
How did you do? Was it fun? What were the strengths and weaknesses of the Sub2K in the Steel Challenge?

2 Likes

@Jwfox it was a lot of fun. I did about as well as I expected (not great!) there are several really good shooters where I am. The sub 2k did great the only trouble I had was with aiming. I’m training myself to use my right eye instead of the left, because I really hate shooting left handed. But even with that I ranked about twenty places higher overall with my sub than with my pistol.

4 Likes

Jimmy are you a southpaw? what don’t you like about shooting left handed?

I thought the PC world had come up with another way of being more correct then before. Working for the Federal govt. we get hit with PC crap all the time. Really tired of being forced to be PC.

No I’m right handed and left eye dominant. Also I can’t close only my left eye.

It’s just doesn’t feel natural to shoot left handed.

1 Like

you are like my brother, he shoots right handed with pistols but has to move the gun in front of his left eye. long guns he learned to shoot left handed. He always complained about getting hit in the face with shell casings and blast. I am a left eye/hand shooter and had to lice with right handed guns all my life so it really doesn’t bother me. Keep working on it I have taught myself to shoot left handed with my left eye and right handed using my right eye closing the other eye.

WAC. Isn’t it over in pinellas County? What are the membership requirements? Can visitors observe matches? What time are the matches each Wed and Friday?
Sorry to be a pest, but going up to Hernando county is a hardship (round trip 150+ miles), and Pinellas is a LOT closer for me!

1 Like

Sorry I’m in Oklahoma. I’m not sure about those places!

2 Likes

LOL. My bad. Wyoming Antelope club has chapters all over the US.

1 Like

Haha no problem. Well if you ever make down here, the Oklahoma City gun club has different competitions most weekends!

1 Like