M*CARBO Brotherhood

PCC With The SUB2000: Your Experience?

I’d like to try my hand at PCC with my Subbie. Let’s hear from you men and women who do it. What are your experiences? What’s good? What’s a challenge? What’s flat out bad? Club or Pro, how do you find it? What’s the current sight setup you use? What do the winners use?

3 Likes

What is PCC ? for us that are not familiar with all the lingo

1 Like

Sure. Be glad to explain based on my limited experience. PCC stands for Pistol Caliber Carbine (think Sub 2000 competitive shooting!). It is a fairly new competition division, and I’ve seen it at the Hernando County sportsman club as primarily a “steel challenge” competition where a competitor armed with a pistol caliber carbine (9mm, .40 S&W) , starting at a low ready position, engages steel siloughettes or square or round steel discs for time. Each stage has a set number of targets and MAY include mandatory start or stop targets for each string. You are scored on elapsed time and targets hit. Kinda cool!

2 Likes

Thank you, should of thought of that myself. It’s been a long day

2 Likes

No problem! We ALL HAVE THOSE DAYS😉

2 Likes

more often as we get older, suffering from CRS

3 Likes

Not me. I’m only 68. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

What were we talking about?

5 Likes

I shoot my sub in USPSA. I am a B class shooter. If you’re using Mcarbo internals then you’re in a prime position to start partying. A rifle that is accurate and only weighing close to 4lbs is perfect for the sport. Most AR-9’s you’re pitted against are 6+lbs and constantly breaking firing pins. But all in all it’s a sport. It takes time to grow, learn the game. Lots of dry firing and drills are what make you better, not necessarily the rifle.

2 Likes

I’m always placing top 20 in my local matches usually out of 70+ shooters.

5 Likes

@jwfox the USPSA I shoot, the courses are primarily built for handgunners so shooting PCC can get pretty rough.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Matt!

1 Like

Kona,
How so? Strong competition? Hard courses?

1 Like

Matt,
Where do you do you competing?

1 Like

@jwfox the courses are built around pistol shooters so the angles to targets are incredibly challenging for PCC

2 Likes

My local matches are in Oak Ridge, TN

1 Like

Gotcha. I imagine movement off the X becomes a key to winning PCC?

1 Like

Shot my first PCC match Saturday at a club match. It was IDPA format and I was the only PCC shooter. Bone stock gen 2/9mm no optic. It’s definitely a different feel. I’d like to brag that I had 3 stage wins but again I was the only PCC shooter. Lol.

I’ve seen one other Subs in previous matches but mostly AR platforms.

Definitely need a larger rear sight aperture for engaging targets quickly. An optic would be a plus but I want to keep it light and simple.

I thought that the less than desirable trigger would be a challenge but I really didn’t find that it slowed me down.

The only mods I have planned right now are some “recoil management hardware”. Ordered a recoiless charge handle and buffer. Probably try to find a muzzle brake until the MCarbo brake is available.

1 Like

Thanks for your impression. Have you thought about a reflex holographic sight? I’m leaning heavily that way, and am patiently waiting for the MCarbo version. The MI MOUNT SIMPLY WONT HOLD ZERO, and just isn’t tough enough. Foldability is also very high on my requirements list!

1 Like

If I were to put an optic on it I’d go with a small RMR type sight like a Sig Romeo1 6 MOA. I added a small rail section to the right side Mlok slot to mount a Midwest Ind. 22.5 degree mount. But as you confirmed I couldn’t find anyone that could keep one zeroed. That’s when I decided to keep it simple and use the irons.

1 Like