M*CARBO Brotherhood

PCC ar9 or ar45 whatcha think

Wanting to get all yalls expert opinions and thoughts on pcc 9 and 45. I’ve been thinking and looking into getting one or building one. The one I’ve been looking at is the CMMG banshee. I guess what my question is should I go with 9 or 45 it will be surpressed and mostly for home and travel use. I know 9 has come a long way in the last 20 yrs with stopping power and all but 45 has been around a lot longer and there’s about slow and fat that I like. :sweat_smile: so what’s your thoughts

5 Likes

@Whitehammer
I prefer the 45acp, but then again i load for it and 9, so it 6 of one half a dozen of the other.
now i gotta play devils advocate and tempt.
just add a ghost, rail, and a few tasty bits…
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/829715551
if i wasnt stretched out in another direction, i would. I like AERO :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

7 Likes

wait! it comes with a rail.
all you need is a ghost,LPK, Buffer tube, buffer, and whatever brace floats your boat.
and have it all the way your way… delt with this guy more than a few times. solid.

5 Likes

45 has advantages if you are planning on running a suppressor (namely that 45 acp is by default subsonic, you dont have to hunt down special subsonic 9mm) infact I’m planning on building a 5" ar45 next year as a dedicated suppressor host to go along with the AR9 I built a while back

9 Likes

Just want to mention that the Banshee is a pistol which is different from a pistol caliber carbine. Ammo held equal, the longer barrel of a carbine results in higher projectile velocities.

Banshee gives pistol terminal performance but it is more controllable/ easier to place shots accurately than a traditional pistol. This is actually an advantage in terminal performance for a lot of defensive rounds. PCCs are notorious for accelerating projectiles beyond their effective velocities.

Heard great things about the Banshee’s. I don’t have experience with them, but I would favor the 45ACP for defensive duty.

8 Likes

Glad I stumbled across this brotherhood while looking foe a trigger return spring for my EC9s. I have a Ruger PC Carbine 9mm that I am converting to AR. I’ve had the Midwest Industries M-Lok hand guard installed for several months and ordered the AR chassis when they launched it. It has been backordered for weeks but looks to be back in stock so I hope to receive it soon. I already have the Magpul butt stock and grip.

8 Likes

@blakels Hi Scott. Welcome to the brotherhood. :+1:
Be sure to say hello an introduce yourself here if you haven’t already.:smile:

First Post Here: Introduce Yourself!

5 Likes

@blakels

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood, Scott. I am sure that you will STUMBLE onto some ‘good stuff’ in this forum (even if it does cost a ‘fortune’ to own…) :+1:

4 Likes

I lean towards 9mm just because it’s cheaper and PCC is so much fun. A friend swears by 45 though. But that may be that’s just the direction he went.

5 Likes

@blakels Welcome to the Brotherhood.

You mean this chassis?

Just my personal opinion but the Ruger PCC in 9mm is an excellent little carbine, even in factory configuration.

That said, I first replaced the fore end with a PMM free floater as the factory one was a bit short and thin for my left arm and hand. Months later I came across the MI chassis and grabbed it along with their hand guard, though I haven’t installed it yet as I kind of like the look mated with the PMM and I’d hate to cover up the fluted barrel (have a bit of a thing for them).

The chassis really makes the firearm more comfortable to use, though I’m still not completely sold on the Magpul grip I’ve currently got installed (MOE+ is my preferred grip but won’t work without hacking off the beaver tail). I quite like the PCC’s iron sights and I feel like the MI chassis lets me get on them more comfortably as well. I suspect you’ll like it once it arrives. I would highly recommend the use of VC3 on the takedown screws, the rear screw is captive but I had the front screw start to loosen very slightly at the range and it was just enough to cause feed issues.

4 Likes

I’ve got a S2K in 9mm, the Ruger PCC in 9 & a .45 Thureon Defense PCC. Check em out…small outfit in Wisconsin.

https://thureondefense.com/

Love mine. The fit & finish are top notch.

3 Likes

I have AR-9’s in pistol and carbine. I thought of doing a 45 ACP pistol.
Haven’t decided yet, and never even considered a 45 ACP carbine.

4 Likes

I meant to mention this a couple days ago but forgot to.
A couple more options to consider would be 40 S&W, 10MM.

I could see a 10MM Carbine being a fun to shoot PDW.

8 Likes

This what I’m thinking about getting
https://cmmginc.com/product/pistol-banshee-300-mkg-45-acp/

5 Likes

That’s cool. But what color? Lol

I like either Slate, Titanium or White.

4 Likes

I’m kinda leaning towards bazooka green lol

4 Likes

DANG IT ! WILL! dont show me that, already in the process of doing 2 KAKs next,in 556, now your going to force my hand with a 45 cal banshee… thats beautiful…in OD green…:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

https://cmmginc.com/product/upper-group-banshee-300-mkg-45-acp/

6 Likes

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT they make it in 5.7X28 as well…

https://cmmginc.com/product-category/banshee/banshee-300-series/

6 Likes

I’ve been considering a 10mm ar for a while.

8 Likes

The 45 I had planned a couple days ago is now planned as a 10mm.

7 Likes