M*CARBO Brotherhood

PC9 Rear Iron Sight

I’d like to move the ring (ghost ring?) sight from the barrel to the rear of the pic-rail.

I’ve not been able to find a ready-made solution. I’d be fine with ruger’s pop-up sight, but I’m not sure how it would work with the peep sight being significantly higher than post on the front sight.

I already have a red-dot, but would like to have useful iron sights but my eyes dont work well with such a far forward ring sight.

Anyone have a recommendation or solution?

Thanks.

3 Likes

@DrStrangeLove Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

1 Like

@DrStrangeLove
Welcome to the crew… :wave:
Are you using a high mount red dot? Or are you going to take the red dot off to use an aft peep? Don’t think it’s been done or worth the adapting to move it back.

I use a high mount red dot so I can see the ghost ring without removing the red dot.

I’m also working on a more visible replacement sight for the ghost ring…it will be in the same location but much more visible.

2 Likes

@DrStrangeLove You can paint the forward sight blade red or orange and the ghost ring sight white…that should help.

Moving the ghost ring back will change the POI.

2 Likes

Thanks, MountainHunter. I’m all for trying easy solutions. Nothing easier than a little paint from the hobby store!

Right now I’m just brainstorming fall back options. If there’s nothing to be done about the iron sights, then i’ll probably go with a compact variable zoom scope and a canted dot.

Thanks for the replies.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. A lot of people just use finger nail polish with good results. Dab it on with a tooth pick. Just keep gun solvents away while cleaning. Prep the area to be painted with finger nail polish remover, lacquer thinner, etc.
Let us know how it works for you.

2 Likes

@DrStrangeLove welcome to the forum

2 Likes

I use a Halosun Green Dot on a riser on the picatinny rail. I replaced the PC-9’s front sight w/a [TK] fiber optic sight. Now I feel I have the best of both worlds.

2 Likes

Don’t like the TK one…it’s not protected at all …looks cheap!..bad design! IMHO

The rugged PCC9 deserves much better…I’m working on that this week…and it will still have protected ears.

Mine will also be fully adjustable for elevation.

2 Likes

I finally found a solution. I stumbled upon the Samson Mfg. Scout Rail for the Ruger PCC.

It replaces both the front and rear sites with a single pic rail that runs the length of the barrel. It should attach using the existing mount screws from the sights. However, mine did not.

The first rail i received was drilled a couple mm shy of the screws being able to bite into the barrel threads. Samson cust. svc. was great. The admitted it was a known issue with some of the earlier models and were happy to exchange for a corrected version.

Unfortunately, I received the same model upon exchange. Return shipping what it was, I wasn’t going to spend in return shipping what the unit cost.

It took a while to figure out what the necessary screw size and thread count, so I figured I’d post this here in case anyone ran into the same problem.

Search for 6-48 x 1/4 or x 5/16.torx screws.Both worked but I ultimately went with the 5/16 as the 1/4 seemed to only give me a couple of threads worth of purchase.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood @DrStrangeLove