M*CARBO Brotherhood

PC9 Muzzle Break

While all the reviews for the PC9 muzzle break note excellent fit, quality, and ease of installation; no mention is made of increased noise level. Does this break increase sound levels by a noticeable amount?

Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

@AimHigh welcome to the forum

4 Likes

@AimHigh Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

3 Likes

It is the same design as the S2K brake. You can read a lot of reports re Kel Tec findings here. But the short is that it does not bring the volume like a rifle caliber brake but it does reduce flip and felt recoil.

That is: it’s a good one.

5 Likes

welcome to the group

3 Likes

Love the PC9 muzzle break. Have been shoveling some inexpensive +P rounds through it lately and it really controls the flip/lift when firing in succession. I’ve been shooting 3 Round groups at 100 yards to possibly use this gun for hunting and did test with and without the break. Without I was off the 6 inch target except for the first shot. With the break all three in the 6" circle. The newly added bumper also helps with lighter faster rounds (non +P) for recoil but for me that has less effect overall than the break. (I am using a red dot btw…)

5 Likes

Thanks for the inputs. Will purchase when able.

5 Likes