M*CARBO Brotherhood

P11 Take Down pin walking out

My P11 take down or assembly pin is partially walking out when shooting. Anyone seen or heard of this and know why? Gun is not new but in great shape and this is the only issue I have had. thanks

![IMG_(upload://g4BthXqkiiegB7gmmVzXwn5qcOY.jpeg)

4 Likes

@philyk9 Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

5 Likes

@philyk9 Welcome to the Brotherhood.

5 Likes

@philyk9 welcome to the forum phil

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

I’m not familiar with that pistol specifically but I would think it’s not that much different from my Ruger LCP. My LCP has a channel in the take down pin that the retaining spring snaps into when it’s in place. Is it possible that is worn or the spring is weak or broken?

EDIT: I did a little quick research and found this…and it led me right back here to mcarbo! :smile:

Also found this:

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/assemblypin.htm

It might be the answer to your problem…

6 Likes

Hey yeah thanks that is a nice improvement on the p3 take down pin. Unfortunately there isn’t one can find for the P11.
Shoot straight

P

P Yarnell

A firearm is like a Parachute. If you need one and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

3 Likes

jus wait a bit, they enough demand, it will comeabout. im still waiting on a good one for a P-40 :+1:

2 Likes

Yes my takedown pin broke while firing.
Sent it to KelTek and they rebuilt it no charge.
Imagine my surprise when I pulled the trigger and
the slide continued forward and the gun was
suddenly very light!

3 Likes

that secondary weapon :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: slide idea never did catch on well… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

@GOBLIN
That comes right before throwing the frame at your attacker!

5 Likes