Outdoor cooking

Any other grilling, smoking, campfire or other outdoor cooking enthusiasts.

7 Likes

I just added a discada, or cowboy wok. Love it so far.

5 Likes

I do a lot of grilling in the summer. We have a travel trailer with a bulit in flat top that slides out of a side compartment. I’ve grilled a few steaks over the fire while camping as well. I bought a Pit Boss pellet smoker last year. I’ve only used it a few times. The best thing I’ve smoked so far is pork butt for pulled pork

5 Likes

See here:

5 Likes

Have weber kettle that I use for grilling and smoking. Your pellet smoker mobile with the rv

4 Likes

No, too big and heavy

4 Likes

Me as well, ramping up the outdoor BBQ, smoker and charcoal for spring.
Have 8 bags of charcoal, new propane Webber BBQ and a refurbished smoker.
Until then I’m using the propane BBQ over the winter. Below -10°C it freezes so I have to pick and choose my BBQ days. Last night I made a personal pan pizza on it but it was only -4°C.

4 Likes

Here is my beer keg turkey that I did a few years ago.

10 Likes

When I’m out at the cabin about 90% of my cooking is done out doors on the grill. It’s funny this came up because I was just thinking about opening a recipe thread! My buddy Mike had me cut the back straps out of a doe he had hanging and proceeded to grill up the best tasting, most tender venison I’ve ever had ( and after over 50 years of hunting that’s saying something!). My old buddy Carl didn’t even bother to put his teeth in! He fell asleep with a big smile on his face, unfortunately I was still out skinning and butchering the deer so I missed what he did.

9 Likes

I love cooking outside. I built an outdoor kitchen with a 5 burner stove. I have a big power burner installed for frying or boiling. A pit boss pellet grill and of course I have my old trusty offset smoker. We also have a fire pit with a swing over grill.

When we go in the camper I’m either cooking over the fire or on my fire disc “grill”. We never use the stove inside.

6 Likes

Ya ya ya …,gotta start a fire first…:fire::fire::fire:

:fire::fire::fire:

4 Likes

That is a new one for me. Total indirect heat with coals on outise of keg. I have to give this a try.

6 Likes

You can also use a trash can to cook the turkey. I use a large bag of charcoal and it takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get done.

8 Likes

Sounds like a nice setup. I have one cook on my disc. Which was bacon after initial seasoning. Recipe thread sounds like a great idea

5 Likes

Here’s some steaks I cooked last summer while camping. Nothing fancy, just No Name brand steaks. It was my first time cooking steaks over a fire, so I didn’t want to risk ruining a quality cut

And this is the pork butt I smoked last summer

10 Likes

I havent cooked much over live fire other than burgers. That pork looks nicely smoked

4 Likes

It was awesome. I had a hard time pulling it off of the smoker. It was so tender that it wanted to come apart. I was very pleased considering it was my first time smoking a pork butt, and only my 3rd or 4th time using the smoker

7 Likes

Excellent, looks great.

2 Likes