M*CARBO Brotherhood

One Gun And One Gun Only

If your were forced to pick only one firearm from what you have right now which gun would it be and why. you are not limited on the ammunition, whatever you have at home for the gun you choose is available to you.

I would pick my Mossberg 590. It is the most versatile firearm I own, that can be used for multiple scenarios.IMG_20180422_205446743%20(640x222)

13 Likes

That’s a tough question. Probably my CZ Scorpion SBR

2 Likes

why this choice of firearm?

1 Like

Dan Wesson Silverback - 'cause it runs 10mm in pistol & carbine, 45 & 460 Rowland from carbine and 22lr from slide conversion. I’d also snatch up a 9mm Mechtech and build 9mm & 45ACP slide swaps.

Reasoning … it’s my most dynamic pistol/platform.

But really, just no.

From what I actually have, probably my Glock 26. It can use every Glock 9mm mag except for the 43 mags and I have a ton of mags. 9mm is cheap and readily available. Good defensive loads are effective. In a true SHTF scenario, it can be easily and effectively suppressed with the threaded barrel I have and ammo could be scavenged from downed law enforcement, military, etc. Yeah, it’s not long gun power, but it would still be pretty darned useful and, unlike the vast majority of long guns, very concealable. Plus, with G19 and above mags, it’s a great companion to my G19 version SUB2000. I’m allowed to bring that along, too, right? LOL

6 Likes

It’s compact for a rifle as it’s a converted pistol and it’s very accurate. As it’s 9mm, the ammo is cheap and it has 30 round mags. Most important tho - it’s a blast to shoot.

1 Like

@KM55. If one could only have one then I with you on the shotgun . Except it would be my ksg

5 Likes

I would also choose a KSG if it came down to only one.

2 Likes

No just the one. Trust me if it was two guns then it would be a totally different choice.

1 Like

It would probably be my AR, I have a 458 socom upper that is legal to hunt deer with in my State, my 556 upper can be used for personal protection or varmint hunting, and my 22 long rifle upper is accurate enough for small game like squirrels and is inexpensive to practice with. Maybe I am cheating by using three different uppers on one gun.

4 Likes

@KM55 I agree, 12 ga…Remington 870 Marine Magnum. It was the first home defense gun I bought. It will cycle everything and anything you put in it and there are so many different types of 12 ga. rounds out there you can find one for every scenario. Remember you might need to shoot at something to eat as well as protect yourself.

3 Likes

Hmmm, of what I have currently I would choose my AR pistol in .556. It’s light, compact, has capacity, knockdown power, and covers the big bases of self defense, hunting, and going on the offensive.

4 Likes

Not even a little bit. OP would have limited us by the muzzle if he intended to squash creative problem solving. It is not your fault the gov has defined firearms so ineffectually.

5 Likes

I use my Marlin Super Goose gun in 10 gauge. Bolt action, 2 in the magazine with one chambered, has a 36” barrel. Petty the fool that stood in front of Justice.

2 Likes

I guess it comes down to the situation and where I would be or have to go. The shotgun is handy but it is a large object. So it will come down to if and when this happens I would decide then.

2 Likes

Mine would be the s2k .40 Cal. With my mods I can keep 90 rounds on board without any mags in my pockets. Semi Auto fire over pump action for me.

3 Likes

I would opt for my Mossberg 500. However, my wife would bring her AR.

Hey - you didn’t say 1 gun per family unit.

4 Likes

If only one, then my 270 Axis. I can provide meat from rabbit to dear to elk and bear at long ranges and if fighting bad guys… then one well placed shot and I then have his combat weapon and a possible hand gun as well.

1 Like

Probably my Ruger 10/22 Takedown. It’s extremely light, extremely accurate, and so I could break it down and put it in a back-back and carry years of ammunition. If push came to shove, the last thing I’d want to do is be carrying around a big giant weapon with heavy ammunition that I’d have to leave behind. I could keep it with me for years. I could hunt with it, I could defend myself with it, I could survive with it. If I had to survive with only one weapon, it would be a good .22.

Anything else is too heavy and bulky and wouldn’t even last a year, and I couldn’t possibly carry the ammunition to last very long.

9mm or shotgun or centerfire ammunition would be way too heavy to carry in an extended survival situation.

6 Likes

Very good point for carrying the 10/22.

1 Like