M*CARBO Brotherhood

On This Day - History.com

Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2021 is the United States Marine Corps’ 246th birthday. While not a Federal holiday, Marines around the world have celebrated the Marine Corps Birthday for over a century.

Happy Birthday Marines.
Larry :innocent:

8 Likes

Semper Fi Leatherneck

5 Likes

Living on the Great Lakes, this is a pretty big deal

8 Likes

Yes, I it was.
I am reading (another) book on the history of SS Edmund Fitzgerald

4 Likes

Bill I vividly remember the day the EF went missing. I was living in Duluth MN. It was a huge tragedy to the entire community. Lake Superior is too cold to swim in in August. What those men went through on that dark stormy night must have been hell. RIP to those 29 brave souls.

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

6 Likes

@cico7 Oops… sorry Don. I think we just gave away the ending. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

@TexasEskimo damn man, next you’re going to tell him that the Titanic sank

5 Likes

I guess it’s best if hold off on my review of the Book of Revelation for a while.

6 Likes

:heart:
That’s the best I can do right now. I’ve burned up my daily allotment of likes

4 Likes

Man now I have to wait for the movie.

2 Likes

Was that the one they think one of the cargo hold locks broke in a bad storm and flooded the ship so quickly that nobody had a chance to get out? That was really bad

Until reality TV became a thing I had no idea how much shipping actually was done up there. We got the Port of Savannah down here but I think it kinda pales in comparison…

2 Likes

Yeah. To my knowledge, it’s the most famous shipwreck on Lake Superior

3 Likes

2 Likes

I got mine back…for now lol

2 Likes

11/11/1918 @ 11:00am

Armistice is declared by allied powers ending Workd War I

Became national holiday in 1938 and renamed Veterans Day in 1954 with a special proclamation from D.Eisenhower.

8 Likes
10 Likes

On November 19, 1863, at the dedication of a military cemetery at Gettysburg, [Pennsylvania]

(Pennsylvania - HISTORY), during the American Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln delivers one of the most memorable speeches in American history.

10 Likes

1963: BBC broadcasts “An Unearthly Child”. The first episode of first story of the first series of Dr. Who.

1981: President Regan signs NSDD17 allowing the CIA to recruit and train Contra rebels in Nicaragua.

4 Likes

November 29

Coffee rationing begins :sob:

4 Likes