M*CARBO Brotherhood

On This Day - History.com

Wow. Never heard of that one. Thanks for the history tidbit!

3 Likes

Ah Yes ! :+1: Was taken Off the Old Breast Milk On that One ! :rofl:

4 Likes

Tony

It does bring back memories. I remember that song always keeping me and Nancy awake at the drive in theater. :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :wink:

I dang sure didn’t want to come dragging her home in the middle of the mourning and facing her dad (A former Marine). :scream:

Of course her mom didn’t think I was exactly a pillar of the community at 16 either. :roll_eyes:

Oh the good old days.
Larry :innocent:

3 Likes

1997: Cassini Probe is launched by NASA to explore Saturn and its moons.

2 Likes

1793: Marie Antoinette is executed

1859: John Brown begins his raid on Harper’s Ferry, Virginia

1903: Big Joe Williams is born

1923: The Walt Disney company is founded

1946: 10 guilty defendants are executed during the Nuremberg Trials

1946: Suzanne Somers is born

1962: President Kennedy is shown photos of Soviet missile systems being assembled/built in Cuba sparking the Cuban Missile Crisis.

1964: China detonates its first nuclear weapon

1978: Pope John Paul II becomes the first non-Italian pontiff since 1523

1995: The Skye Bridge is completed in Scotland

2 Likes

Still didn’t make up for the Loss of the Big ‘‘3’’ in the Plane Crash ! :laughing:
As far as to Meeting Dad I always found a good Firm Hand Shake and Looking them Straight in the Eyes’ Leveled the Ball Field of Intro’ :joy:

1 Like

Oct. 17th:

690: Wu Zetian becomes Empress of the Zhou Dynasty of China. She is the only legitimate female ruler in all of Chinese history.

1558: The Polish Postal Service is started

1604: Johannes Kepler first observes a supernova in the constellation Ophiuchus which later is given the name Kepler’s Supernova

1777: British General John Burgoyne surrenders at Saratoga, NY

1781: British General Charles Cornwallis surrenders the garrison at Yorktown, VA

1814: 8 people die in the London Beer Flood

1907: Marconi begins commercial wireless service across the Atlantic

1918: Rita Hayworth is born and later becomes the #1 “pin-up girl” for GIs during World War II.

1931: Alfonso Capone is convicted of tax evasion

1973: OPEC ministers begin internal discussions to use oil to influence the west’s support for Israel during the Yom Kippur war

1979: Mother Theresa is awarded the Nobel peace prize. Also, the US government creates the Department of Education.

1989: 6.9 magnitude Loma Prieta earthquake rocks the San Francisco Bay area.

1 Like