On This Day - History.com

1836:
Forces under Sam Houston defeat troops under General de Santa Anna at the battle of San Jacinto (fought near modern day Pasadena and La Porte) in the Republic of Texas

4 Likes

1836: Forces under Sam Huston id General de Santa Anna while guarding prisoners as his own men have his identity away.

1876: The first National League game is played in Philly.

1944: The 1st Air Commando Group uses helicopter for the first time in combat in the China/Burma/India theater.

7 Likes

HISTORY CORNER: Tragedy of the SS Sultana | Coeur d’Alene Press (cdapress.com)

7 Likes

1908: Oskar Schindler was born

1941: Ann-Margret was born

1945: Bendito Mussolini and his mistress are killed by the Italian Resistance.

1970: Nixon authorizes US combat troops to participate in Cambodian operations.

1973: Dark Side of the Moon is recorded by Pink Floyd at Abbey Road Studios.

6 Likes

Oh oh oh. Yes!

10 Likes

One of the best looking redheads God ever made!

8 Likes

Not a natural one, though… :wink:

4 Likes

@chilipepper @SnuffySmiff Who care’s if She was ! As a Drooling Teenager I Cared less about hair and more about the Ta Ta’s ! :rofl:

6 Likes

Here ya go brother…
Keep on droolin’…

9 Likes

Ann’s face never looked the same after her tragic fall in 1972 but the rest remained A-1 prime.

6 Likes

AMERICAN REVOLUTION

Congress adopts the Great Seal of the United States

(Congress adopts the Great Seal of the United States - HISTORY)

On June 20, 1782, Congress adopts the Great Seal of the United States after six years of discussion. The front of the seal depicts a bald eagle clutching an olive branch in its right talon and arrows in its left. On its breast appears a shield marked with 13 vertical red and …read more

5 Likes

On June 20, 1975, Jaws , a film directed by Steven Spielberg that made countless viewers afraid to go into the water, opens in theaters.

4 Likes

That’s a good History site. I booked mark that one. :grinning:
Larry

3 Likes

I like it, I look at it every time I think of it. I should make it my home page.

3 Likes

Post deleted by Larry

1 Like
3 Likes

1901:
Charles Hollis Taylor was born. He will go on to have his name on the most popular basketball shoe of all time (The Converse “Chucks”) with over 800 million pairs sold.

7 Likes

And it’s still a good shoe!

4 Likes

I’ve never even tried on Chucks

3 Likes

I think they’ve probably gotten more expensive, cuz fashion, but they’re were a good and comfortable shoe for the money.

3 Likes