Olympic Ammo In Sealed box

I was just given a 400 sealed box of this stuff.
NEW !!!
any one know how much this is worth ?

7 Likes

In California it’s probably worth a felony charge. Are you shooting, or selling?

6 Likes

100% worthless but i would be happy to discard it for you by way of my mosin nagant :joy: i would say its a score since your not out of pocket. :+1:

9 Likes

Only if you’re a law-abiding citizen. For a felon, it’s a get out of jail free card.

11 Likes

Isn’t that the sad truth. California is back-asswards

9 Likes

selling for brass if it is worth that.

5 Likes

Couldn’t say, but I’m afraid I don’t own any fireguns (though I kind of want one now), so it’s of no use to me… :wink:

I would think this would be good as live ammo, no? It’s vacuum packed to lock in freshness… :grinning:

7 Likes

Did a little look’n 'cause I have a little interest. The young’n loves his Mosin and I was hooing it was boxer primed brass … 'cause reloadable.

Learned:

Berdan primed and non corrosive primer

And $12 to $13 per 20 round box.

I’d be a buyer at $.50/rd 'cause it is possible to modify Berdan cases for reload. But if I had a bunch of free ammo that @HandyDave wanted, I’d be negotiating a trade for services.

7 Likes

Ive read that you can swedge a piece of copper line into berdan primer pocket and drill a center fire hole. So like you said can be reloaded with a boxer primer. I beleave there used to be some you tube video of people doing it successfully. I love shooting my modified scoped mosin nagant. I would have hated to had to lug that thing around in battle or anywhere for long stretch. But fun to shoot for sure.

6 Likes

They measure out like BOXERS and are staked.

Manufacture date might be 02 so that is just about the end point of manufacture of Olympic.
Compared to the old ammo I have that are Berdan

Here is a thread talking about the case stampings and staked or peened primer. Indications are the were some if not all of this ammo made in Iran.
Granted the title is of a different caliper but the 7.62x54R is included.

3 Likes