M*CARBO Brotherhood

Oklahoma Open Carry

Starting November 1, 2019 in Oklahoma, a Concealed Carry Permit will not be required. I’m sure there will be push back coming in the near furture.

11 Likes

Already is push back before the law takes effect. They tried to get a petition on a ballot to fight the law but fell way short of the 50k signitures needed. I honestly hope it does take effect, for me I don’t have the money to get a permit when I checked I was looking at 800, that was getting the gun, doing the class, finger printing and getting the permit. I have the handgun now, do plan on practicing or looking to at least a basic handgun handling class before I carry, just to make myself feel more safe. I know how to handle a gun safely but in a panic situation things change.

8 Likes

Hey Gary,

I paid for the concealed carry class at Shawnee Outdoors. When I looked at the cost and time frame for a concealed carry I was just like you, a lot of money. I hope we’ll still
see the November 1st law take effect. We need the ability to protect our families in this age of home invasions.

I’ve already talked to my family about how I’ll react in a home invasion scenario and what their roles will be.

Best of luck to you and hope everything goes well,

7 Likes

@Goober6291 @dirtrider73068
I am happy for you guys, and I applaud Oklahoma and its lawmakers, for taking a position that is in support of gun rights, gun owners, her residents, and our Constitution.
In addition to that, I salute her citizens like you, that didn’t fall in with the rest of the uninformed sheep or blindly follow the gun ban/regulation/restriction campaign and make up the 50,000 needed for opposition.

2 Likes

I am glad that Oklahoma has done this, and plan on staying where I am. It should be our rights, and those opposing it honestly don’t have a clue, until they are the ones that needed one when something happens.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree. In Idaho, a permit has never been required for concealed carry in the county. It was only required within in a municipality, and open carry was legal within a municipality. (with exceptions of fed buildings, schools, post office, etc)
Now no CC permit is required within either. (other than same exceptions)

2 Likes

Sure wish Texas had passed this from committee, but thanks to a turncoat in the House [Speaker Bonnen], we did not even get a discussion. Congratulations to you guys in Oklahoma…wish all states would act as you have in several different cases.

During our concealed carry class, both instructors were law enforcement professionals. They explained current Oklahoma law and how it applied to Oklahoma citizens when they have
to use lethal force to protect their homes and family. They stressed the importance of being a “credible witness” to law enforcement when we use lethal force to protect ourselves from individuals who wish to do us harm. The homeowner or citizen must seriously
believe that the perpetrators actions are intended to cause the homeowner or citizen serious or deadly harm. They also stressed the importance of using only enough lethal force to stop the immediate threat (in other words, the home invader or perpetrator
is down due to use of your weapon), insuring the death of the perpetrator by additional shots could subject us to charges.

I paid $75 for this class, which included use of our personal weapons on the gun range. The instructors were very good about how to use sights to insure hitting the target accurately.

3 Likes

During our concealed carry class, both instructors were law enforcement professionals. They explained current Oklahoma law and how it applied to Oklahoma citizens when they have to use
lethal force to protect their homes and family. They stressed the importance of being a “credible witness” to law enforcement when we use lethal force to protect ourselves from individuals who wish to do us harm. The homeowner or citizen must seriously believe
that the perpetrators actions are intended to cause the homeowner or citizen serious or deadly harm. They also stressed the importance of using only enough lethal force to stop the immediate threat (in other words, the home invader or perpetrator is down
due to use of your weapon), insuring the death of the perpetrator by additional shots could subject us to charges.

I paid $75 for this class, which included use of our personal weapons on the gun range. The instructors were very good about how to use sights to insure hitting the target accurately.

1 Like

That is the same requirement here. You can’t just start shooting because you want to. It must be a clear situation that warrents such action.

1 Like