Official Gun Picture Thread

A buddy of mine rented a tiny little house in an old bombed out, (and rather “seedy”), part of town last week and I was helping him move some stuff. Along the edge of the driveway and what used to be a yard I found this in the mud.
It appears to be 9mm. TOL from the end of the barrel to the edge of the feed ramp is 3 1/8. must be 2 or 2 1/8 in actual barrel length. Needs more cleaning but I don’t see any marks or number’s on it.
For fun, when I get a chance, I’m going to go run a metal detector over the area and see if the rest of the pieces are buried there somewhere.
Anyone recognize it as being any possible make by some chance?

7 Likes

@jeffing65 The end of that barrel is unique and although the barrel in this picture is split the end looks the same so if the gun in this partial picture can help at all?

4 Likes

@dave67 OUCH! Glad I didn’t have teha t in my hand. That does look like the same alright. Do you mean it is unique in that it has the v shape in the necked down part instead of just belled at the end?

Do you know what that gun in pic is?

2 Likes

almost identical to the barrel profile in my keltec P-40 same hourglass, same flat sides, same bottom, same lip on top same cut from what i can see on top…and same feed ramp angle…

5 Likes

@jeffing65 Yes, the way that barrel has that V just back from the end is unique. I found that picture online looking around but I don’t know what pistol it is.

3 Likes

heres a shot of the P-40 barrel…

7 Likes

@GOBLIN You beat me to it, I found the same picture online…I think the barrels match!

4 Likes

@dave67 yep if its 3.1" and a 9mm, its out of a PF-9 keltec. very similar.
that hourglass cut is unique. grabbed my P-40 to look before i posted. LOL

4 Likes

@GOBLIN @jeffing65 Kel-Tec PF9

6 Likes

@dave67 That looks like it. How ironic that it is a kel-tec. lol
And how awesome that in just a few minutes a rusty old part is identified by our members. There’s proof in the pudding that shows the quality of knowledge on site.:+1::+1::+1:

8 Likes

@jeffing65 Credit goes to @GOBLIN he knew exactly what it was.

7 Likes

@dave67 you did the legwork brother , like my gramps used to say, “even a blind hawg finds a acorn every now and again” you were seeking it out, I had one on hand, recognized the profile…

7 Likes

@dave67
@GOBLIN Your both :star::star::star::star::star: in my book.:+1::+1:

7 Likes

check out the history of the house ya never know al capone may have holed uo there at some stage :grinning: @jeffing65

4 Likes

@hunter1916 LOL Whatever the history, I’m guessing the circumstances of how it came to be where I found it are less than on the level somehow. Just a hunch. LOL

4 Likes

Of course it ends up being a Kel-Tec :roll_eyes::joy:

3 Likes

That front bottom cutout looks slightly different but everything else is spot on.

5 Likes

@Kona Yeah, I noticed that. There are several slight variations in the cutouts it looks like. Sharper point on front-bottom on inside cut-out, and some shape variation of the inside cut-out in a couple places.

4 Likes

I know. What’s up with that? lol

2 Likes

@jeffing65 it could just be rust and wear deforming the cutout. Who knows. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like