Off Road Vehicles

@jeffing65 i think its a level of bad luck as you say no one was killed or permenently injured you could say that was good luck but if you were really lucky it would never have happened ,can get confusing

1 Like

@jeffing65 And I thought our cow paths were bad in WV.LOL. :wink:

5 Likes

@Don68 Well I will tell you. I have been stuck a good many times over the years, but this little patch of road required an entire new “STUCK” rating scale.LOL
We worked every day, all day, for four days straight to get 3 trucks out. And in the end it required driving a John Deere 440 tractor 18 road miles and another 8-10 mountain miles to get mine and the F250 4dr out.
Mine was the last to be pulled out. Even with all the weights that could be put on the front of the tractor, it still pulled the front wheels off the ground and I wasn’t sure it was going to be able to do it.
I was beginning to think I was going to need to haul a backhoe to the foothill road and then drive it up and dig out part of the road.
And I really didn’t want to do that. We were already extremely lucky no BLM or USFS rangers had come along and noticed us. We would have been in serious trouble for all the damage to the road as it was.
I don’t know what the penalty for digging up a federally owned road with a backhoe would have been but i’m certain it would have been more than just paying for the repair of the damage we already caused.

5 Likes

I do my trail riding on this.

I also work the hell out of it when needed. But I’ve had it for 2 years and not a scratch.

Next up is a trail bike I’ve wanted for years, only been available in the US since '17.
Untitled%20image

Suzuki VanVan 200. Almost “settled” on buying a TW200 several times over the years.
But this was the bike I wanted so I waited. Hopefully my wait will be over soon.

7 Likes

Headed for Hopkins Prairie campground outside of FT McCoy Fl. there are trails all over the area for 4 wheeling.

4 Likes

The best part is we will be in a group of 15-20 jeeps.

4 Likes

I might consider a four-legged off road vehicle

6 Likes