Off Road Vehicles 🛵

They could have just named it what it really is… The Bronco “Wrangler”.

7 Likes

One thing I learned from someone else with the same 4x4 as me.

Never tow a vehicle out of a ditch in reverse with the front tow hooks. The front differential gears are cut in one direction for heavy loads and will POP, pulling a heavy load in reverse. :scream::face_with_monocle:

Not sure if all front differentials are made this way…but good to know…and avoid.

2 Likes

I know, right!
At least wrangler is finally seeing some top-off competition.

3 Likes

Just confirming that differentials are in fact different.

The reverse pull has rescued many Motorhomes in muddy run sights. The two leading (can get it done) are both Fords (a 250 and a 350). The 350 had to learn the reverse pull when the 250 started accomplishing rescues where the 350 had failed in the forward direction.

Both trucks are owned by local friends, so I know they aren’t breaking differentials.

3 Likes

Absolutely. The 04 Nissan Titan was the first full sized truck Nissan made. They decided to tell Dana how to make the front and rear differentials…:scream: Probably to save money. :rage: but it didn’t with all the warranty claims.

The bigger trucks you mentioned are heavy duty and know the warranty claims would be a nightmare!

I would still prefer to rescue tow in forward…if the tow rope or chain breaks pulling in reverse it would come towards the front windshield…:scream:

4 Likes

Me an the boys just flexin.

11 Likes

Waiting for this truck to get here on Oahu so I can drive it in the sand. Truck left WA on Sat June 25 and Matson said it will land on Oahu 1st week of July!

8 Likes

Does anyone have an off road EV yet? Asking for @MountainHunter

Seriously, would love your opinion if you have one.

3 Likes

@busmup808 Great ride! :+1: What is the cost to ship? I lived in Wahiawa for 4 years. We bought our vehicles there and left them there because of shipping costs. Where about you at Dain?

5 Likes

Mahaloz! $3325.85 was the cost to ship as an RV. It would of cost $4500 to ship as an oversized vehicle and I had to completely strip the interior of the truck. Shipping it as an RV was cheaper and that I could leave my belongings in the truck. We are staying with family in Moanaloa.

6 Likes

I was in the area of Matson and they said that my truck is coming in this Saturday, but because its 4th of July weekend I wont see my truck till Tuesday. :cry:

6 Likes

Picked up my truck this past Friday. Looking for some play time soon

12 Likes

Notice anything different about my friends Jeep? :person_shrugging::scream::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Old rural route postal delivery?

3 Likes

Yep…From Japan…they retire them at 50K…:sunglasses:

4 Likes

@MountainHunter ITS RIGHT HAND DRIVE

2 Likes