M*CARBO Brotherhood

Oct. Match Div. ER 25yd Rimfire Results

Post up your targets here please.

1 Like

Headed to the range this morning with the 50 year old Browning BL-22 equipped with a $79 1x to 4x low powered variable optic set to 4x. As when I was a teenager, the call of the Carny drew me in yet again and I wasted three targets shooting for the 10 with a best score of 40. Giving up, I returned to shooting the 9. Since this is the best I can do it is being posted now. While I am happy with the shot grouping, it would have scored a 40 at best if I had been shooting for the 10.

I also shot a few practice 10 yard targets. It may just be me, but that center circle in each star proved really hard to hit from 10 yards offhand – without regard to the color or contrast. Not ready to submit a target in that category yet.

6 Likes

I shot it Friday indoors. And I failed to get hits on more than 3 ellipses. My best score was a 16. Evidence was burned.

Good shooting on the Deer.

5 Likes

LOL. Makes me feel better about a just barely 44. Maybe I shouldn’t have burned that one.

Thanks. It will probably soon be eclipsed by someone who can actually hit the 10 consistently. It was not planned but that deer target really is a carny gotcha.

5 Likes

Bench, sandbag, good rifle. 50 points.

I decided to not use this next one, since I kind of doubt myself that it’s 5 shots (I believe it is though):

8 Likes

Hey Folks, a couple things to mentioned about my October target postings.
No witness this time. And I learned something that others might want to keep in mind when shooting and that is the backing behind the target. I used two types of target backing. The 3/4" melamine board at 50yd had a clean punch through the target from both the 9mm FMJ and 22LR. But, interestingly enough the 25yd backing was 3/16" hardboard. I didn’t notice the difference until I returned home and decided to take care of the paperwork. For some reason the holes from the 9mm FMJ and 22LR were not clean at all. I was somewhat disappointed because it made the scoring dubious especially where a shot is close to cutting a ring (note the arrows and my thoughts). I’m posting these anyway that they might apply, score at will, I’m OK in advance of the outcome. I will not use hardboard behind a target again because the target doesn’t get punched clean out. So that is my rant, did my best as usual, factory sights. I really like the deer target and if I hit in the 10 point, yup I was just shooting at the target and looking to best centre, but knew I had the windage right so I’m not surprised at the outcome. My eyes are not as good as they used to be so even at 25 yards the target centre best fit as I could behind the front sight. I managed to find a shelving stand at the curb on my way to the range so I scooped it, modified it at the range and it worked as a decent bench in front of the inverted pail as a seat, not “sandbagged” that’s my story. I am very impressed with the shooters herein, to hit that 10 point on the deer target would be like hitting a dime, hats off you especially @Teddy_the_Beer recent posting!

6 Likes

I’m withdrawing my entry - it does not qualify since it was only at 20 yards, not the 25 yards in the rules. Sorry, won’t happen again.

4 Likes

@phuzzy42
Hey, you withdrew your entry? Is this the target where you talked about using factory sights and not optics.
To bad I wanted to see how your, (I believe you mentioned (Marlin), would shoot.
Appreciate the honesty, we could have kept your target up, for comparison and conversation or was that not an option?

3 Likes

I was using a 10/22 with a UTG red dot but when I checked the distance again, it wasn’t the full 25 yards. It wouldn’t be right to step on someone else’s accomplishments by lying about mine or even taking a penalty - my entry plainly did not qualify.

If you want to see the results, here it is again.

NOT FOR JUDGING! NOT ENTERED IN THE CONTEST!

5 Likes

Hey, no problem, that’s some really nice shooting.

3 Likes

Thanks, I went “hot damn, I have a chance to beat Festus!” but not this time. LOL

3 Likes

Next month maybe. LOL
What happens if there is a tie, shoot again, arm wrestle, flip a coin or share the bragging rights?

2 Likes

@phuzzy42 Appreciate the honesty which honors both the spirit and the rules of the contest, but at 25 yds I never put more than 4 in the 10 before giving up and shooting for the 9. I seriously doubt five yards would have made a difference in my ability to go 5 for 5 on the 10. In any case @Teddy_the_Beer nailed 5 at 25 so all is good.

3 Likes

As a less accomplished shooter, I vote that in a tie both of the top targets are voided and the next highest shooter wins. :grinning:

4 Likes

Or we could do that.

3 Likes

@Moosecall

These days doesn’t everyone who participated get a trophy? :grin:

6 Likes

Sure we do, it was just a thought, most likely would never happen anyway.
Cheers,

4 Likes

@Moosecall

And here is what I imagine the “Brotherhood October Match Div. ER 25yd. Rimfire” trophy would look like…every participant will not get one. Congrats to all participants!

6 Likes

Very nice indeed, and I found the perfect spot for it beside the others in the trophy case that takes up zero square footage and weighs nothing. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

One hell of a BLACK EYE.

2 Likes