M*CARBO Brotherhood

Number of magazines for automatic pistols

I like a minimum of 8 magazines per auto pistol. At one time I purchased E.German Makarov mags new in the paper at 4 dollars each. I wish I would have bought a case of them,lol.

8 Likes

I remember those days red star SKS with spike bayonet, 55-65$ Makarov and Takarev pistols mil surplus 35 to 55$ with 6 mags. still got 20 mags, each wish I had bought em by the case now… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
STILL run a Makarov as a everyday work gun… tough and reliable as they come. running Underwood Lehigh extreme defenders as well. make that 380 (9X18 MAK) on steroids bite like a bulldawg…
I did go with the Fab-Defense grip assy though, changed the unit from a bottom of butt mag release to a thumb mag release… :metal: :metal: :metal:

11 Likes

I go with ten mags for each one. Makes it really easy to keep track of how many rounds Im putting down range

9 Likes

My Dad had a Russian Makorov back in the day. My Mom sold it after he passed. She said I could have it, but I declined, even tho I thought it was a neat little shooter. Didn’t like the 9 X 18 round, and it wasn’t as easy to find as the 9 X 19. And I wasn’t really back into firearms hardcore like now. Probably another one I should have kept. I’ve been known to be an idiot at times.

I have at least 6 mags for each pistol. Unless your talking about .22s or something. Then around 3 or so.

8 Likes

I really like the set up you are running , great job!

7 Likes

@GOBLIN are you a righty or southpaw?

8 Likes

@chilipepper Remember Buck’s Post with Finger Tip in the Jar’ :smiley: Lefty

5 Likes

ambex /strong side lefty Dave, but the MAK i do right, altough I have the left handed fabdefense grip as well

6 Likes

@DivaMarie Yes, but this is why I asked. I figured our beloved Buckster might just be ambi with shooters (ala Tom Berenger in Sniper) or better yet, has trained himself to shoot with his right middle (unlike Tom Berenger in Sniper - yeah, it was kind of a $hit movie but it’s what came to mind).

My old man, being the little fireplug-sized monkey he is, can pound 16d nails all day long with whatever hand he isn’t hanging onto the framing with…well he could in his prime, before nail guns, anyway…some folks got the gift… :wink:

6 Likes

The minimum mags is 4 for my pistols so I can swap out mags periodically. The max is how many can you store in your home with out causing an argument at home.

6 Likes

@chilipepper I tried that second finger thing. to much chance of slidebite with the bit if original pointin up in tha air, (in retrospect, they shoulda took it all tha way to tha knuckle, took me a year to get it movin and not bumping the flat end every damn time i reached for sommit) but the thanks for being ambix goes to my first grade teacher :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: Miss Early. every time i would try to write left handed she would slapp my hand with a ruler and call it writing with the devils hand. now i write bad with both hands equally well, after that every thing else followed suit. except baseball. bat lefthanded put ball down right field line. bat right handed put it down left field line… every damn time… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

I know I’ve heard similar stories more than once from leftys. This was more common than most people probably realize. My pops is a southpaw and I think he was subjected to this…and I think my grandmother went down to the school and kiboshed that kind of tuition rather swiftly.

Don’t feel too badly, my handwriting and even printing has gone to hell in a handbasket as I’ve been using computers for way too long. Never thought that typing class I had in high school would pay off, turns out it did…but now when I write something, even I can barely read it. :laughing:

Not necessarily a bad thing so long as you can clear the 1st and 3rd basemen, good for a base hit. :+1:

7 Likes

Brother … Just wow. Ambi here 'cause my father knew this to be a right handed world. I learned to watch my folks to mimic their hand choices when they were around. I chicken scratch with either hand. I only did baseball in the first grade - every time I made a catch, I ditched the glove and threw the ball with the most convenient hand. Sometimes them catches stung from reaching with the ungloved hand.

These days I have much more practice with my right hand, but if I gotta kick something clear, the left leg is still stronger.

Fast forward to 6 years ago and I crushed my right pinky beyond repair with much titanium installed to rebuild the rest - (smashed hand in a motorcycle wreck). I still have trouble slipping the hand into pockets and have way more respect and understanding for the value of a pinky finger. I’m jealous that you got to keep your loose digit.

7 Likes

pockets and buttons and euro zipper pulls can get interesting cant they. BDUs are special they sew all them buttons for a right handed person :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

I can only write poorly with one hand, there’s nothing wrong with the other hand it just hasn’t learned to write yet.

6 Likes

@DirtSalior hell after i wash em(hands) cant do a damn thing with em till they scruffy again
:metal: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

@chilipepper @GOBLIN A bunch of Us ambix types around here :rofl: Sister Teresa liked to bring me to head of class and do a fanning Action with Multiple Rulers on hands out Approach! For using left hand Action,Making me a Example for the Troops didn’t work. Came in Handy Wrenching for all those years for Out of the way hidden Intake parts,And was always Fun to see the Pain and Fear in the Eyes of the Pitcher when Lefty came to Batt :rofl:

6 Likes

Lefties RULE!! Here in Vegas I find more lefties than anywhere I’ve lived I the past. Most of my range buds are also lefties. At least we can try out one lefty product before all buying it!

5 Likes

I was gonna say cuz that’s where all the freaks end up, but that really isn’t fair…still kinda funny… :grinning:

As a guitar player, I do not envy left handers, you guys really get the short and shitty end of the stick. Pick any guitar you want, you’ll be lucky to find a left hand model and, if you do, you’re gonna pay more for it no matter where you are. Oddly enough, two of my favorite contemporary blues/blues rock guitarists both play right handed guitars strung right handed, but they play them in a left hand orientation (tough to transcribe their playing)…Eric Gales and Doyle Bramhall II (Woot, shout out to the Texans here). This is unlike one of my all time favorites, Mr. James Marshall “Jimi” Hendrix who played a right handed guitar strung left handed in left hand orientation.

8 Likes

Just to be clear. Left handed but not commie left politics! Left handed right brained they say!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes