November 2022 division D targets

So I got myself an SKS (or Type 63, since it’s Chinese). Trying to figure out aimings, holds, and such.
Got elevation OK for 80 yards, can’t move the front post to adjust windage yet, so I had to hold a little.

7 Likes

Big fan of the sks. They deffently aint the top shelf target rifles but the damn things work non stop regardless of ammo, weather or any other factors. Sks and ak rifles are like the enegizer bunny of firearms and they just keep goin and goin. If you dont have sight tool its a must have tool to get.

5 Likes

yeah, and it’s fun to shoot!

I have this tool. Had to file it a bit to make it fit. But the front post stuck and would not bulge, so I will have to work on it.

4 Likes

We had one for a truck gun since the 1980s. Have taken a number of coyotes and wild hogs.

The rear sight is very optimistic as it has graduations up to 1000 meters. My recommendation would be to use the default 300 meter setting by sliding the rear sight all the way back and then learn the hold off.

A shooter can only expect 3 MOA accuracy from an SKS which is good for about one minute of coyote and most of them will be around 200 to 400 yards out. They will not stand around and wait for a shooter to adjust the rear sight.

Enjoy your SKS.

2 Likes

Always gettin’ that one flier it seems…
43 pts

5 Likes

Festus
Div D
Remington 700 308 Win.
150gr FMJ-BT
Scope
Sitting
Sandbags
Score: 52

4 Likes

That flyer dissected the vena cava immediately depriving the heart of blood. So there’s that.

3 Likes