M*CARBO Brotherhood

North American Arms

Anyone have experience with NAA revolvers? Kinda considering one as a pocket gun for when even my Shield is too big. For those unfamiliar, they’re about 5" long, with 1 5/8 in barrels, and come in various .22 configurations.

Kinda like this for the integrated holster and clip–you could easily clip that into a pocket or waist of athletic shorts or something. Easy if you’re running out real quick, or for wearing around the house, etc. Though I do like the rosewood grips on their more standard models, they’d just need some sort of holster.

4 Likes

I bought the .22 Magnum with the .22 LR conversion cylinder and 1 5/8" barrel with pretty much the same thought in mind. I also have a S&W Bodyguard .380 for pocket carry. I consider them to basically be a “get off of me” gun as I find them both difficult to be accurate with. The NAA is very well made and finished - almost like a piece of jewelry, and it has stops between the chambers so the hammer is not even on a round while carrying. It can be a little finicky to load the cylinder into the frame as it is not a swing away but they do make a bigger model that is. Speer makes a .22 Magnum Gold Dot that is optimized for these super short barrels. I also consider it a wilderness survival gun believe it or not because it is stupid light to carry and you can shoot both hollow points or bird shot with it for taking small game like birds, rabbits, squirrels and pack rats etc. Aside from all that it is just a really cool little gun…

4 Likes

@TheThreeLaws Purchased an 11/8 .22 mag. with an extra .22lr cylinder years ago because I wanted the smallest revolver made. Has the larger Magnum wood grips and a NAA pocket and IWB holster. Wife uses it with shot cartridges while she works in her flower gardens to take care of snakes and moles. Keep the mag.cylinder loaded with Speer Gold Dots. It is a neat gun.

4 Likes

Well that holster grip looks like …

in my pocket right now. I’m in and out of yards all day. It’s my get your dog b4 I do comfort. Regular carry and Sub 2000 are as close as truck, but this is almost always stashed.

I can’t shoot anything resembling a group with it. But I’m confident stopping a man or a critter inside 10 feet.

Learned twice just that quickly. I’ve been looking for bird shot shells w/o luck and I didn’t know about the gold dots. Thanks.

5 Likes

When I bought my NAA that was literally the only way to get any WMR ammo was with the purchase a gun. I think I have even been able to get it at my local Ace Hardware these days…

I am well stocked now :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

Almost bought one from a buddy for $150 we were in Walgreens with a cop behind us in line and he never noticed it. It looks like a pocket knife.

1 Like

LMAO …

Now that I’ve seen it, I will find some. I can’t let CTD make a penny, but I’m just vindictive like that. Sad 'cause I’ve bought plenty from’m. I just won’t let go of their decision to let me see them gouging folks a few years back.

But thank you for the link. I don’t want to sound unappreciative for the link and I’m actually getting better about checking my involuntary reactions to select stimuli. Really, I am :grin:.

quietly editing to add: ok, none of my local or online sources offered an option. So, I broke my boycott - this one time. When it gets here, I’ll be loading a mixed cylinder led off with two itty bitty shot blasts. The cotton mouth I watched slither out of my customer’s yard last week should be pleased I hadn’t found’m.

2 Likes

Yeah can’t imagine any accuracy out of it (which is kinda a shame, would be a great back up for work but you’ve got to be able to qualify with anything you wanna carry).

Still, for personal use I can see it having real utility. While the rosewood and case hardened ones are pretty, you’re paying 200 extra for less utility. Think I’d get the integrated holster if anything. Looks like I can get one for about a week 250 via Gallery of Guns

2 Likes

got the 22 mag, put the folding holster grip on it, its a good lil get off my butt guns, past 10 feet, aim high. bout 6 to 12 " its well made, harder to load, single action, with a half notch safety. it is different to shoot. Loading, pull the pin, and remove cylinder, then push the hulls out with the pin. bigger your hand, and longer your fingers, the folding grip is a necessity. I couldn’t even grip the rosewood grips.

2 Likes

This is the NAA I own. It is a NAA Earl model. It has a little longer barrel but a blast to shoot. My wife carries it in a pocket on her purse. I like me some .22 mag. You won’t win no matches with it but considering what it is it holds it’s own in the accuracy Dept.

3 Likes

The NAA belt buckle holster I understand is no longer made. Quite the novelty for you guys with a 1 1/8" barrel version. Still some new stock available…

3 Likes

The pug is the way to go in 22lr/22mag. Has a set of actual sights and can be used with that flip holster. Practice with 22lr and carry 22mag

Great accurate little gun.

Do you tube search you will be impressed. Sold my other 1 1/8 NAA for one and could be happier.

3 Likes

Pug looks good, but it and the replacement grip would take me from 250 to 350 or 400. Not really sure I’ll need true sights with something like this too

Believe me you will regret it. Get the pug first shoot it with its rubber grip. You can always get the folder later on, Or even pick up a used one. If you dont like it the pug is popular on NAA forum and will sell quickly.
JMHO

Your mileage may vary

1 Like

I worked with a manager years back that kept one in his pocket (black widow I believe) all the time. It was enough to end a situation at 4am in a gas station before it began. .22 wmr hp as i recall and a spare cylinder in his other pocket.
I have never carried one personally because my kahr cw9 goes everywhere I need it including the sporran of my kilt.

3 Likes

I own the sidewinder with both cylinders. I carry it around my neck in a kydex holster, barrel pointed to my left since I am right handed. I carry this as a very discreet, better than nothing while I’m at work in my office.
It contains 5 Hornady Critical Defense .22 magnum rounds. I call it my “E.N.T.”…ear, nose and throat.

2 Likes

I’m eyeing a Pug with 22 LR/magnum cylinders for $329, plus shipping/FFL fees. Definitely pricey but the Pug does seem like a good option, and I think overall an NAA mini is a great addition and expands my defensive options.

3 Likes

Pulled the trigger, actually found one online at my LGS, with the tritium sights. Taxes and fees came out to $420. Will post pics when I get it.

2 Likes

I want to learn howyou feel about those trits once you shoot it. I’ve only fired a few cylinders through mine but it was enough to classify mine as a point shooter. I actually hit much better pointing than attempting to sight with her.

I know the PUG was described as accurate earlier, but my own experience with my Holster Grip makes me skeptical. But, I know they only look similar.

Will do. I have a distant hope that it’ll arrive Thursday, which is my last day off. May not get to pick it up until next Tuesday. Will definitely report back when I do.

I’m definitely not expecting much accuracy. This will very much be a backup or “swimtrunks” type gun. Hence looking at the holster grip, or maybe a sticky holster. Compactness and convenience are critical, or I’d grab a Black Widow or something with a longer barrel. 98% of the time I’ll have my M&P 40 or Shield on me anyways, so this will only be if those go down or I’m in a situation I would otherwise have nothing at all.

1 Like