M*CARBO Brotherhood

No way I'm going to be able to install loking pin

Ordered the recoiless charging handle. With my bad eyes and arthritis there is no way I’m going to be able to install the “Tool less” locking pin.
Should I send it in and have them do it or try to find a gun smith and pay them to do it.
I’m out in the boonies in southern Missouri

2 Likes

@cb56 If you have a friend pull down on it you can install in a few seconds.If you can’t help u need 2 friends for less than a minute. It’s that easy. If not than send it in.

1 Like

This way will make installation of the tool-less locking pin a breeze for you.

Originally posted by @tinktrain1

6 Likes

I didn’t have the strength to do it by just pushing the spring down either. I had to use two scrap pieces of 2x4’s drilled a hole in one that would allow compressed spring to compress and hold things to the table and the other 2x4 a hole just a little bigger than the guide wire pieces. The longer the scrap 2x4’s the more leverage. I was able to compress the spring all the way down past the arc where you insert the hex wrench or micro screwdriver. The you work ope end through and you have a several inches to work to install the locking pin. Then you can slowly pull the hex/screwdriver while holding the spring to slowly let it reach the end. I don’t remember the exact hole sizes but one large enough to hold compressed spring with guide rod, and the other just a little bigger then the guide rod. I was about to give up too. The two drilled 2x4 scrap pieces made it easy peasy for me. I think mine were 2 x4 x 1.5 feet long just enough where you can use both hands, elbows or knees whatever works…lol

2 Likes

I’ll give this a try

5 Likes

@cb56 keep us updated.

5 Likes

Got it. It took a few minutes but it wasn’t that hard to do after all.
Now on to installing the upgraded sight.
Almost hate to do that because the factory sights are pretty accurate.
at least good enough for me.
Anyway, I bought the sights so might as well install them.

5 Likes

Thanks for the help and encouragement

5 Likes