M*CARBO Brotherhood

Nightmare Series

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/catalogsearch/result?q=nightmareseries&utm_campaign=CustomWorks_NightmareSeries&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua

New Nightmare series from Sig

I’ll have to take a closer look when I get off work.
From my phone, I’m not sure I like it.

4 Likes

Didn’t they have some nightmare models previously? They look nice but I’m guessing the differences are mostly if not all cosmetic.

4 Likes

@chilipepper yep Nightmare models have long history at Sig. I’m not all that impressed with this new offering

5 Likes

I too prefer the 1911 series.Looks like they are trying to piggyback off the success of the original ones.

5 Likes

Being from Green Bay, I like this series too. It is sort of a Nightmare, but only for Viking and Bear fansPacker1911

4 Likes

Takes a special kind of person to own a pistol that looks like that…

5 Likes

Just the sort that remembers when Football was a sport for MEN.

I used to respect their home field advantage with the Vikings. Then the Vikings pussified their stadium and the Packers were the last men standing.

4 Likes

Not usually a huge fan of the fancy editions on sigs, its like 70s muscle cars most of the upgrades are just appearance/decal packages.

3 Likes

Can’t say for sure, haven’t really followed pro football since I was in college…but true to my roots yinz was a Stillers fan. Now ice hockey and rugby, I’ll watch anytime…

There’s some truth in these words. My SIGs are pretty plain jane, but they shoot pretty damn well in spite of that fact (and the skills of the owner :grinning:).

4 Likes

@chilipepper Like any other pistol I dont expect my sigs to be perfect out of the box, for example theres a bit of mixing and matching of OEM parts on my 365 xl and 365 SAS just to get the controls set up how I want it (flat trigger, SAS takedown and slide stop) and thats before any performance parts. So usually a mid tier model like an x carry is a more practical starting point than a legion or something similar.

That being said Sig offers a number of platforms that are great starting points for a solid cary/duty/combat handgun. Particularly, IMHO the 365 and 320/m17 families of weapons.

And id reccomend a 238 ahead of a shield ez for a recoil sensitive/low hand strength individual.

5 Likes

After taking a better look at them, it’s not my cup of tea.
They look good, but I’d prefer it have a stainless slide.
Keep the black frame, nickel controls and Hogue grips.
Lose the Nightmare name, and give it a short, flat trigger.

4 Likes

The different contrasts is one of the reasons I bought the models I did. The top one is the Nightmare Fastback, the second one is the C3 with black frame and stainless slide, the third is the Nickel with black controls, all in 45acp,

and the bottom one is actually a Springfield EMP in 40 cal.

5 Likes

I just want an Emperor Scorpion Fastback

4 Likes

I like it 'cept for the round butt. I prefer the look of a bobtail, but I can’t shoot either for crap.

4 Likes

I’m still waiting for the P210 Carry to materialize… :unamused:

2 Likes

Exactly what I had in mind. Beautiful.

2 Likes

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/catalogsearch/result?q=equinox+pistol&utm_campaign=CW_Equinox&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua

Sig milking it at this point

2 Likes

Indeed. Looks like a Nightmare with a very slightly different slide treatment… :unamused:

2 Likes

What i really want is for sig to make this gun as a factory thing, optics ready x compact 320 + comp on a full size grip module. With the right comp its flush with the end of the fullsize frame. I’ll try to find the pic I have of a gun I saw on reddit set up like this.

Edit found the pic

You end up trading a bit of MV for controlability with out exceeding the footprint of a stock fullsize. With good modern ammo the MV hit isn’t a big deal in most situations.

3 Likes