M*CARBO Brotherhood

NewYork Legal finally

It took some time,but I made my Ruger 9mm

carbine NYLegal.

9 Likes

Nice work, fine looking firearm! My brother’s fav is his Ruger 9mm as well. But, being required to have that paddle behind the grip must be akin to putting training wheels on a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R. I just don’t see how that saves innocent lives from a deranged killer. Another stupid lib rule.

13 Likes

@Teamsterjohn1 What brand and power is that sweet magnifier?

4 Likes

Yeah fin grips suck. Featureless is all we can have in kommiefornia too. They make it so much more difficult to handle.

That is a interesting buttstock set up there @Teamsterjohn1 is that aftermarket or oem?

3 Likes

Has there been any instances where someone had enough difficulty controlling a weapon that somebody else was shot mistakenly? How the hell can it be safe for anyone in the area while firing with that contraption?

9 Likes

I don’t have a answer to that question. Surley would be interesting argument for a court case. But im sure they would label the firearm owner negligent. I’m searching my mind now, but I think that was the argument from the 2a community when the law was being fought in court.

Heck it’s almost been 16 or so years we have been fighting the magazine capacity ban here. Don’t let it happen to your state. End rant lol.

One thing it does do is strengthen your support arm, since now it damn near has to support 80% of the damn gun.

6 Likes

Teamsterjohn1

I can attest to after retirement you miss a lot. I have for sure.
I never heard of, or saw a Fin Grip. I had to search it to find out what it was. :see_no_evil:

The grip has a “ fin ” that prevents the thumb from wrapping around the grip so it is no longer classified as a pistol grip .

I guess I’m just a little more fortunate than some to live in a state that so far will not put up with foolishness like that.
I do admire your weapon choice. :blush:

Larry

4 Likes

Looks great, nice job.
And like others comments, the “fin” is an insult to the person who invested in build. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m curious if it’s easier to fire with the fin if your laying prone using a bipod or bench shooting as opposed to firing from a standing position. I have always lived in a free state and have no experience with things like that.

5 Likes

@DocA Hmm shooting from a table with a bag is pretty nice, prone with sling not so much, off hand horrid and Any other position it’s bad as well. Sweaty/wet hands you better have good finger grip lol. Why I now only shoot with gloves. Down with fin grips!

Interesting bit of info, a fin grip on a s2k, your thumb rests on the back of the ejection port causing a ton of jams.

5 Likes

@CatFood What is the penalty there for not having the fin grip on a carbine?

5 Likes

For Kommiefornia - Felony for owning a unregistered assault weapon, and made a point out of to show other residents they mean business. To have any features (pistol grip, flash hider, forward pistol grip, and a mag lock [you can’t even have a regular mag release on the registered ass weapon, must have a bullet button] to name a few) you would have had to register it with kommiefornia as an assault weapon. The window is closed on that now. So it is mag locked via breaking the action open to release mag or featureless set up that’s it. I run all featureless.

3 Likes

@CatFood Mike… that is disgusting. Do the criminals have to follow the same requirements as law-abiding citizens (rhetorical).
I tried an internet image search and didn’t find a pic of someone actually holding a carbine with the fin grip. Do you have any? It looks like a real handicap for accuracy.

5 Likes

@TexasEskimo Brian, this is closest I can find pic.

Here’s a vid, skip to around 4:15. Doesn’t look difficult but actually holding it is quite different.

6 Likes

He is right… absolutely ridiculous. Thank you for sharing.

6 Likes

8 Likes

I just don’t see how that saves innocent lives from a deranged killer

Thankfully logic has nothing to do with gun laws because we all know that deranged killers always use legal firearms and never alter firearms which would make them unlawful.

But in all seriousness, this is how we know the gun laws are actually Anti-American and anti-2A because the entire intention is to limit and severely hamper LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. Because there’s not a chance in all of creation that some sicko is leaving a handle fin when going on a rampage.

9 Likes