M*CARBO Brotherhood

Newly Released Taurus G3

Taurus has released a new 9MM very similar to the G2c, except in a full sized frame, $249.
I’m very interested to watch some reviews in the next coming months. See how they run.
Maybe they can take the Sig mags like the little brother, G2c, does. And does so very well.
The G2c is an excellent gun, rivaling pistols 2-3 times it’s price range. Maybe this one is too.
If so, I’ll be getting one. Maybe I’ll just grab one anyways and test it for myself, for this price.

Here’s an ad for the G3

9 Likes

@ValorSolo How many round capacity Charles?

3 Likes

I’m hearing different things but it is listed at PSA as 17+1.
I’ve also heard it comes with 1x17rd and 1x15rd, but can’t confirm.

EDIT:
Found it at Sportman’s Outdoor Superstore, same price.
Listed with 1x15rd and 1x17rd, so that’s confirmed.
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/222534/1g394115/taurus-g3-9mm-black-striker-fired-pistol

EDIT AGAIN:
Couldn’t resist, got one coming. $249.99 with free shipping.
I’ll answer some of these questions I have myself, next week.
Sure would be sweet if iI can swap mags with my other guns.
P226, S226 AR pistol, Sub2k and the G2c.

6 Likes

@ValorSolo would definitely love an update when you get yours!

4 Likes

Sure, I’ll tell ya all about it. And add pictures.

4 Likes

@ValorSolo sounds great!!

4 Likes

Im still trying to find one of those Springfield Micro compact 9mm hellcat’s to try out. comes with 2 magazines, think ones 11 rnds, the second 13 rounds . no one, not even the high end west of the ashley LGS has one on hand. not even PSA

5 Likes

@GOBLIN don’t know where you can find one for you personally but colionnoir on Instagram and youtube got his hands on one and did a review if you wanted just that aspect of it

4 Likes

@ValorSolo I got to put my hands on One couple days ago,felt good I think you will like it.

5 Likes

@DivaMarie
Cool. If it’s of the same quality as the G2c, I think you are right, I will like it.
I really like the trigger on the G2c. Capacity, weight, those textured grips.
For a company better known for it’s mistakes, it got a lot right on that one.
Well except for the safety lock in the earlier ones and the G2s.

4 Likes

@ValorSolo If someone made a real trigger for it I’d go for One, they have always had a hard/heavy trigger in the past guns Ive owned.

2 Likes

Haven’t gauged it, but it feels medium weight, maybe 6 pounds on the G2c.
I think the G3 states 6 pounds on the spec sheet, pretty decent for OEM.
I’m pretty comfortable with that weight. But 3.5 pounds would be sweet.

If someone made a trigger kit for it, it would probably cost as much as the gun. Lol

4 Likes

That double thing on the trigger just Ain’t Natural’:sunglasses:

4 Likes

I never even notice it anymore. I was used to it by the time I emptied my first mag.
But I’ll admit, I was skeptical and I wasn’t sure I’d like it when I bought it.

I am anxious to see if the extra 4 oz or so on the G3 helps with the recoil a little.
The recoil isn’t terrible on the G2c, but it isn’t as mild as my other 9MM pistols.

4 Likes

Buck try Sportsmens Wharehouse in Juno Town! they will ship back to your local area above’

1 Like

wait you were talking about the G2c Taurus Millinium?crap i had one of those come in couple weeks ago as a parts trade, ran the numbers, and put it in the swap eventually box, take it out tonight and get some pics. thought it was just another taurus…

3 Likes

They’ve been relatively well regarded. Taurus has generally earned it’s abysmal reputation, and with how bad their customer service is I passed on their new .22 pistol for that reason.

There’s every chance they’re making good guns now, but there are so many other affordable pistols they’re competing against I personally will stick to ones with a better track record. I hope the G3 is good though

4 Likes

From what I’ve read, they got a new shot caller a few/several years back.
He is trying to destroy that horrible reputation. Expect good things to come.
From my experience, they have been doing better recently.

3 Likes

Watched a review that verified the G3 mags fit and function in G2c.
So P226 mags should work perfectly well in the G3. I’m stoked.
He also said the trigger was fantastic. Much better than the G2c.
Mine will be at FFL Tuesday, I’ll pick it up Friday. Really stoked.

3 Likes

Can definitely confirm, 1 x 17 round and 1 x 15 round mags.
Just got it home, not fired it yet, but the trigger feels amazing.

5 Likes