M*CARBO Brotherhood

New Truck Gun and Bugout Weapon🏃

For a while I have been looking for a truck gun for use when I’m at the ranch in case I run across a feral hog or coyote. About 6 months ago I purchased a Sub2K in 9mm. I added a MCarbo spring and trigger kit and though it is great in its element, but when the pests, 4 legged or 2 legged are further out, a rifle is in order. I’ve been reading a lot about the SU-16A in 223/556 so I purchase one. I mounted a Vortex Spitfire 3X Prism Scope. I really like that it folds like the Sub2K but with rifle power. It fits nicely in a backpack as a bugout gun and it’s very accurate. I think this will work very well.

14 Likes

@Tex45acp It looks like someone overlooked a picture of that fine firearm as well.
Open and folded please… don’t make me beg!

8 Likes

I apologize TexasEskimo. Here is the SU-16A folded and unfolded. The only complaint I have with the scope is that it has such a short eye relief that I had to remove the rear sight to be able to move it back far enough to be able to see through it properly. Other than that it is an amazing scope.

14 Likes

Ah… yeah. Me likey. :+1:

5 Likes

@Tex45acp it’s a fine rifle. And a perfect truck or bugout gun. I haven’t had a single issue with mine. At first when I added the Kel Tec subcompact handguard I didn’t like it but now I love it and will never change back. The bipods built into the stock handguard are somewhat flimsy but usable. Show off the bipods for everyone I can’t I took mine off lol

4 Likes

12 Likes

Good Looking Gun Flogrown. Is yours the B model with the 16" barrel? It looks like the one on the Kel-Tec website. I did not know MCarbo has a handguard for it. I’m going to do something with mine. I really don’t like the flimsy bipods. I know they have a spring replacement to give them some rigidity, but I am not sure if I want to do that yet. I do plan on getting the MCarbo trigger and spring replacement kit. I have replaced them on all my other Kel-Tec guns (I have 6 others) and it’s well worth the time and effort.

3 Likes

@Flogrown didn’t ask for your opinion. He requested that you post a picture.
So… ?

2 Likes

Ill try to take the picture tomorrow. Already locked the gun up in the safe for the night. Have a good evening guys!

4 Likes

@Tex45acp It’s not Mcarbo handguard it’s a keltec replacement option. Red lion makes one too but it adds considerable weight which is one of the best thing about this gun it’s 4.6 lbs naked. Yes I have the B model. I eventually want to pick up a c model. It can still fire when folded

4 Likes