M*CARBO Brotherhood

New Sub2K - Unusual looking bore?

Hello all,

I received my new Sub2K Gen2 G19 9mm late last week and noticed after taking it home & breaking it down for cleanup/lubrication that the lands in the bore have a strange rough/hazy texture to them. The grooves in the bore seem shiny as normal like any other rifle bore. Here’s a few of the best pics I was able to get with my cell phone. Does anyone else’s Sub2K bore look like this?

It seemed to shoot accurately & consistenly when I sighted in and continued to blast through 100 rounds the other day. Cleaning with the usual carbon & copper solvents and a bronze brush did not seem to make a difference. I sent a support ticket to Kel-Tec and they say it looks normal, but are willing to take it in for an inspection. What do you guys think? Should I just keep blasting away with it & enjoy or send it to Kel-Tec?

3 Likes

I must admit that I’ve never seen such a clear picture of my Sub 2000’s bore.

You had me at shoots accurately. That’s actually better than I expect from a $350 gun. Unless it’s loadung up with copper about 1000 rounds in the future, it’s good.

4 Likes

I figure if anything, the copper fouling will fill in whatever imperfections there are in the lands and improve accuracy like most other “seasoned” rifle bores. Just wanted a few opinions on this before possibly sending my new Sub2K away for at least a couple weeks. If I’m being too picky for the Sub2K feel free to let me know!

2 Likes

Not being a smart ass, but why send it back of it’s shooting straight? What do you want them to do?

2 Likes

I guess all they would probably do is replace the whole front end/barrel assembly. I’m just not sure if it is worth the time. Like you said, it is shooting straight and more of a cosmetic issue than anything else. Curious to see if anyone else’s Sub2K has a bore with rough lands like mine as well.

1 Like

Had me curious what mine looks like though.

2 Likes

The barrel looks fine to me, as for as I can tell from your pic. Shoot and enjoy. R S

1 Like