M*CARBO Brotherhood

New SUB2000 Part!

Greetings Brotherhood! MCARBO President @ChrisNelson wanted me to pass this along:

We are working on a New SUB-2000 part. The Barrel Release Latching Tab is tiny and hard to grab/unlock in a hurry if you’re trying to quickly unfold the SUB. We’re working on something with better ergonomics that would make the unfolding process simpler. Would like to send out a few prototypes when they are ready. Hopefully by the end of this week. Just need initial ideas from the forum if they have any suggestions on the look of it.

Chris Nelson

17 Likes

something you can get a thumb on, something ambidextrous would be really nice, mayhap ,whats the best way to describe it, rounded triangle with the base fwd…
Gen 1 & Gen 2 or gen 2 only? see if i can draw something out…
How ya doin Logan?

7 Likes

New latch design would be great. Factory latch plastic wears out quickly. Have replaced mine twice.

6 Likes

@MikeF Welcome to the Brotherhood

4 Likes

something that sticks out about a 1/4 inch on either side would be awesome. I have fat fingers and an extra 1/2 inch total length would greatly aid engaging the release just right

7 Likes

Welcome to the group man

6 Likes

@MikeF welcome to the forum mike

4 Likes

Perhaps same shape but with wings on the side.shaped like an AR charging handle.

8 Likes

What would be great is a push down thumb/finger release.

5 Likes

@TopBo Welcome to the Brotherhood.

4 Likes

The design of the factory part is serviceable. It’s just weak. It would be nice if it was made from Delrin or similar material. Isn’t it part of the buffer?

4 Likes

Thank you, I feel warm all over.

5 Likes

Sign me up for two
Gen 2, when you get them manufactured.
I love that y’all, keep making my Sub 2000 better.
Thanks Chris and Staff!
:+1::+1::heart_eyes:

george :sunglasses::octopus::us:
San Antonio TX

4 Likes

@MikeF
Welcome to the Brotherhood

4 Likes

@TopBo Welcome to the Brotherhood.

4 Likes

@ChrisNelson
@Kona

So we’re talking about a drop-in replacement part. No modification/alteration to its design or method of function, other than ergonomic, as you said?
ie: Shape and Surface (grooving, knurling, or other positive grip texture/coating)

Is that correct?

I like Bucks @GOBLIN suggestion if that is the case.

8 Likes

@TopBo welcome to the forum dr william

4 Likes

Love all the upgrades so far. Looking forward to this one as well!

2 Likes

User friendly for older fingers would be a blessing.

2 Likes

Welcome to the group @Billyra1 and @psman1

4 Likes