New shooting season 2022/2023

@Festus @jeffing65 @chilipepper @CatFood MORE SUCCCESS THE WEEKEND IM MAKING UP FOR A BAD START TO SEASON MY TALLY IS NOW 5

3 GENERATIONS IN ONE DAY SO IM A HAPPY MAN NOW

14 Likes

@hunter1916

Nice. :+1:

What do you do with the antlers? Do you keep them or sell them?
I assume there are buyers there same as there are here.

6 Likes

@jeffing65 SOME OF THE ANTLERS I KEEP IF THERE GOOD AND IF SOMEONE WANTS A SET I JUST GIVE THEM TO THEM THEY MAKE GOOD CHEWS FOR DODS ITS GOOD FOR THERE TEETH THE CALCUIM IN THEM

8 Likes

@hunter1916

There’s a company in a town about 15 miles from me that cuts and packages them into dog chews.
Some of them can make good knife and hone handles too.

7 Likes

@jeffing65 YEAH WE HAVE PEOPLE THAT DO THAT TOO AND WALKING STICKS EVEN SHOOTING STICKS

6 Likes

Finally got me one. First in Louisiana, first on my leased land I’ve been having for 4 or 5 years now.

I wish my son would have gotten him ( he missed a small buck a few weeks ago. Either way we will be eating good.

The unique thing is he came out chasing a doe and stood right in front of the camera. It just happened to take its 3 picture burst when I shot. You can see the dust from the bullet hitting the ground.

11 Likes

@MrMachinist NICE BUCK THE FIRST ONE ALWAYS SEEMS THE HARDEST TO GET SO YOU YOU SHOULD HAVE MORE IN NEAR FUTURE . WELL DONE AND GOOD LUCK ON NEXT OUTING

7 Likes

@Festus @MrMachinist @jeffing65 2 MORE TO ADD TO MY TALLY 13 SO FAR THIS SEASON WITH 5 MORE WEEKS TO GO

THE 3RD PHOTO IS ME AS A YOUNG BOY ABOUT 8 YEARS OLD IN THAT IM JUST SURPRISSED I DONT HAVE A CIGARETTE IN MY MOUTH BECAUSE I STARTED SMOKING AROUND THEN SMOKED UNTIL I WAS 33 SO IM OFF THEM ABOUT 28 YEARS NOW

10 Likes

So, can you make it an even 20 by then?

That’s a great photo of you as a kid. :+1:

8 Likes

I know plenty of guys in Pennsylvania who’d kill for those kind of numbers for an entire lifetime of whitetail hunting in the Appalachians.

8 Likes

@chilipepper WE HAVE NO NATURAL PREDITORS HERE IN IRELAND WE HAVE A CULL OF 60 DEER BETWEEN 6 OF US ON STATE LAND AND AS MANY AS WE WANT TO SHOOT ON PRIVATE LANDS WHERE YOU HAVE PERMISSION

6 Likes

@jeffing65 HI JEFF I DOUGHT I MAKE IT TO 20 BUT I BE DISAPPOINTED IF I DONT GET AT LEAST 2 OR 3 MORE , BEHIND THE CUTE LOOKING KID WAS A LITTLE TERROR SO IVE BEEN OFTEN TOLD GIVING MY MUM AND DAD HEART FAILIER ON MANY OCCASIONS :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes