New shooting season 2022/2023

@jeffing65 OUR NEW SHOOTING SEASON IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER 1/SEPT/ 22 TO 28/FEB/23
I PUT NEW SCOPES ON RIFLES AND ZEROED THEM IN YESTERDAY ALL READY TO GO I BE AIMING FOR 17 TO 20 THIS SEASON AND HOPEFULLY THERE WILL BE A FEW BUCKS IN THAT NUMBER

11 Likes

Best of luck this season.

Wondering, did you ever get your 597 running?

6 Likes

no there was problem inside the barrel so i got it destroyed wasent worth the hasstle to try get new barrel

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

6 Likes

@Festus WELL I STILL HAVE MY 270,243 AND 12 GAUGE ,

6 Likes

@hunter1916
I’m sorry to hear that too.
On the bright side the 270 and 243 are both outstanding calibers to have in the shooting lineup.

I have to admit I miss my 243.

7 Likes

@jeffing65 THE 243 IS A GREAT ALL ROUND GUN LITTLE OR NO RECOIL AND EVEN WITH THE SUPPRESSER ON IT ITS LIGHTER THAN THE 270 BUT I LIKE THE 270 JUST AS MUCH

7 Likes

@jeffing65 @Festus WELL TODAYS THE DAY OUR SHOOTING SEASON STARTS TODAY 6 MONTHS OF BLISS AND FRAUSTRATION :smiley: :unamused: :grimacing: :frowning_face: :triumph: :rage: :smile: :smile: :deer: :deer: :deer: I BE OUT TONIGHT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AND TOMORROW MORNING FOR A FEW AND I BE OUT THERE EVERY CHANCE I GET THE BEAUTY OF LIVING IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR LETTS

9 Likes

@hunter1916
The short-range weapon season down here on the river opened the 30th. Rifle doesn’t open for a while yet.

7 Likes

@hunter1916 best of luck this season. :deer:

6 Likes

Good luck with the hunt, Kieran. Time alone in the woods is good therapy.

Frustration with your German mistress? :grinning:

6 Likes

@chilipepper @Festus THANKS GUYS AND I KNOW MY SPELLING NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED :thinking:

4 Likes

I was giving you credit for inventing a new word! :rofl:

4 Likes

Fräustration. :+1:

4 Likes

@jeffing65 BAGGED THESE TWO BOYS THE WEEKEND BIG BOY LITTLE BOY

Uploading: IMG-0226.jpg…

11 Likes

@jeffing65 LITTLE BOY DIDNT SEEM TO UPLOAD IN FIRST MESSAGE

11 Likes

@hunter1916

That’s sweet!! The Big Boy is a nice one. :+1:

Where is he, on a scale of 1 - 10 for average size, from small to big?
I’m guessing 7 - 7+, or maybe a little better?

I went out yesterday evening, walked a little bit of the canyon rim, and looked down on a spot I usually get to by boat on the river, then walk up into.
It’s a hidden little bowl up along the canyon wall, that can’t be seen from down on the river, and you would never know it’s even there, if you don’t hike up to it.
Normally you can’t look down on it from the rim above either, without a pretty good walk, but I was able to access a section of desert that is usually blocked off and drive within 200 yards or so of being right above it.

There weren’t any in there today though, so it saved a wasted boat trip and hike, just to not see any.

5 Likes

@jeffing65 7+ ID GIVE IT ,IT HAS A NECK LIKE MIKE TYSON THEY WHERE MY FIRST TWO OF SEASON AFTER A MONTH OF STALKING NORMALLY ID HAVE A COUPLE MORE THAN THE TWO BY NOW JUST WASENT HAVING THE LUCK I COULD HAVE SHOT A HUNDRED DOES AND CALFS BY NOW CANT SHOOT DOES UNTIL 1ST OF NOVEMBER BUT WE TRY NOT SHOOT MANY OF THEM ANYWAY COS THERE CARRYING THE FUTURE ONES , YOUR TURN WILL COME NO DOUGHT

9 Likes

I just saw this on our own @js5660 's YouTube channel. This is the reason deer need Kevlar and we need 30 round mags…

6 Likes

@TexasEskimo ALL DOE’S BY THE LOOKS OF NO SIGN OF A BUCK CLOSE BY THEY DIDNT SEEM RELAXED AT ALL PROB, KNEW THEY WHERE BEEN FILMED

6 Likes