M*CARBO Brotherhood

New Remington 700 hunting rifle need options

I have a new Remington 700 what are some good Scopes and stocks for it. I love it so far and in a 308 it’s going to be a good deer rifle.

5 Likes

You can check out stockystocks , scope ? depends how far you will normally shoot & how much you want to Spend. Your question has so many answers.

3 Likes

I’m willing to spend the money on quality and I’ll normally shot from 100-400 yards. Looking into a 3-9 scoop

2 Likes

I have used Leupold scopes on all my hunting rifles for 20 years never had a problem

3 Likes

I’ve seen Leupold but never tried one

1 Like

I switched over to Vortex scopes years ago and have not been disappointed. I’ve turned several others on to them with no complaints either. You get a lot for the money.

Get a 30mm tube and you will be happy you did.

2 Likes

Any specific model I should look into

1 Like

I removed my Burris Veracity 3-15x from my previous Rem700 that used for long distance hunting. It has MOA lines that you can use on multiple distances once you zero’d it in at 100 yards. Really great optics for dim lighting situations. Goes for $500 if you shop around. Veracity scope has ballistics data on the Burris Website and loved the Federal Fusion 168gr ammo for hunting.

FYI: reason for removal is I switched my Rem700 5R 308 to long distance shooting by using a Burris XTRII 18-40x, along with Kinetics Research Group stock, Jewel trigger and bottom metal.

2 Likes