M*CARBO Brotherhood

New pistol choices

Thats were I am brother. Im a kid in a candy store. I would buy them all if I could

10 Likes

yeah i love my 21sf, I have the mck ultra kit for it. either way awesome man. even my mom has fired off a few mags. I m going for the hi-power right now. I cant kid myself there will be another glock as soon as I can afford it. but right now I am on a surplus trip. They are slowly disappreaing

8 Likes

Have U looked at Classic Firearms yet for surplus firearms, it’s worth a look.

7 Likes

I just sold my belgium browning hi power this week. Always wanted one, but after shooting I wasnt a fan. Cant go wrong with CZ 75, grt trigger, also look at Springfield XD, good trigger too. Or as always Glock 19C is a great gun thats fun to shoot with the fireball.

5 Likes

I like the Israeli high power But the Walther P38 I also have an infinity for. Both of those guns would be awesome for a collection. Now if you want to shoot it the CZs are great shooters and they are off of the Glock fan wagons. Clocks are good if you’re going to carry just for the weight to the reliability and capacity but if you’re going to buy a gun for other reasons like shooting or collection I would stay away from them

5 Likes

I would say that your choice should be influenced by your level of experience. How long have you been shooting hand guns? If you have put thousands of round through a single action automatic, like a 1911, and are use to dealing with a gun that has an exposed hammer and a safety lever, then your choices are pretty wide open. On the other hand, if you are relatively new to hand gun shooting, then maybe a Glock or similar would be best. You just want to buy a gun that is best for you, not what is the best looking, or because of the cool factor you’d like to have it. My suggestions are based on EDC of the gun that you are looking for. If this is just an addition to your collection for range use, go for what you are drawn to the most. Be safe and enjoy.

5 Likes

You & a million other people had the same opinion about the first plastic pistols & now the vast majority only sell plastic. Then there’s the other plastic firearms, the M16. Referred to plastic toy rifle made by Mattel, that was 1 million+ sold ago ! I guess my age is showing.

6 Likes

Well, I have been blessed to have the guns I want but, the best advice I never paid for was to go and shoot them first. Your eyes sometimes fool your hands be sure then buy.

6 Likes

“If” looking at a Glock…a Sub Compact Glock 27 (40 cal) can be easily converted to a 9mm with just a quick barrel conversion changeout.! And it’s like having two guns for the price of one. Yes the 9mm Glock mags fit. So you can practice with 9mm and save $$$.
I guess my only regret is not buying my friends used Glock 27 for $300 years ago…he just got the Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel and let me shoot it…feels just like my G26.
I think you can also do the same conversion with a Glock33 (357) but you might have to change the Recoil Spring/Rod…check with Lone Wolf first.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8154

6 Likes

Sub compacts are prohibited in Canada or I would be on board. I own two Glocks now and a third will be coming soon, otherwise I would be on board. I love my Bond Arms “Wicked” for the reason it can be almost what ever caliber I want it to be, you just swap out the barrel.

7 Likes

OK guys after much debate. I laid down the money on The belgium Hi-power. It fits my hand like a glove, I have tons of ammo for it and I love the history of it. Thank you all for the Brain storming and opinions. IT was one of the first hanguns I fired many years ago and except for getting bit by the hammer every once in a while I loved it.

14 Likes

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing some pics.! “Carry On”.

7 Likes

excellent! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

7 Likes

I have 2 Lone Wolf conversion barrels, 1 for Glock 22 & 1 for Glock 23 both convert to 9mm. I really like them, all you need is Glock 9mm mags. I bought both during the ammo crunch10-11 years ago when you might find the ammo you need or not.

5 Likes

I have a Lonewolf conversion barrel for my Glock 27. I don’t use it much because I got a Glock 19 afterwards. But it DOES work, simple install, and groups well. But if I want to shoot 9mm, I just use the 19. But I’m not upset I have it. Never know when you might need to go to it, and it doesn’t take up much space. If you don’t already have a 9mm, it’s a great investment. Otherwise, not really needed. But fun nonetheless.

6 Likes

Iirc aren’t 25 and 32 acp explicitly banned in canada?

4 Likes

Im pretty sure they are. The bond arms Wicked came with two barrels. one 9mm and the second is 45LC/.410

4 Likes

Well brothers here it is showed up today. so far so good. The only thing That bugs me is it looks like whoever carried it use it like a hammer. the magazine plate is really beat up. other than that just the usual signs of riding in a holster

13 Likes

Well done. That pistol easily has the most ‘class’ out of the listed choices. CZ75 would be my second choice.

8 Likes

I bought a Glock 27 about 20 years ago in .40 config. I love that gun, I’ve shot thousands of rounds through it and have yet to have a misfire or failure to eject. It’s accurate as all git out at short range and will probably get a 9mm barrel since you posted that even though I have several other pistols in 9mm. My EDC now though is a PPQ or Sig P320. After shooting the PPQ the Glocks feel like bricks in my hand, especially the 17 and 34, the 27 still feels ok.

9 Likes