M*CARBO Brotherhood

New pistol choices

ok guys, I need you now. I am going to buy one of the following. but can only afford one for now. I want them all but need to focus on what I can get now. What might not be availble in the near future. browning hi power, isreali hi power, walter p38, walter p1 or go new and buy a glock19. what are your thoughts. there are also a CZ 85 b and a CZ 75b on the market but I know nothing about them. any thoughts on these choices would be welcome.

4 Likes

Browning would be my first choice, Glock second.

8 Likes

Im a huge Glock fan myself. Plus with the accessories u can’t go wrong. I love the micro conversion kit to.

5 Likes

Browning Hi Power would be my first choice. second would be the walther P38.Glock 19 my third choice.

10 Likes

Im leaning towards the hi-power. There are two avialable an isreali one and a belgium one. Which would be the best for a collection. The price is the same

7 Likes

:+1:Belgium :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

9 Likes

Get the one that fits like a glove in your hand, and shoots the most accurate. I love my Glock 26 Gen4 , but honestly I should have rented at least 6 others before I purchased it. I lucked out and if ever get a great deal on the same model I’m going to get it! That should tell you something!
Good hunting to you! “Carry On”

6 Likes

Try a hand fit test first then see if you can rent any at indoor ranges. A Gun Tests subscription will give you an independent report on the firearm to include pistol round used & a grading system based on 5 peoples opinion.

4 Likes

Based on your list and IMHO…

Browning Hi Power
CZ 75B
Walther P38
Glock 19

As it’s been recommended, if possible shoot them. What feels good to you will be different from someone else. The angle of the grip for example is different from Browning to Glock, most find the Browning’s angle more comfortable and easier to bring on target. The second thing to consider is the trigger feel/pull. The sights also are a consideration. Correcting a bad trigger or inadequate sights can add up fast.

12 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:Browning High Power/Belgium

11 Likes

I would go with the Belgium BHP

8 Likes

Stan, I mean @Rob2 … Your list is pretty diverse - hammer and striker pistols plus plastic and plastic free examples.

Everybody that said get the Browning Hi Power is correct! It’s plastic free with a hammer so top of the list. I don’t have one but I will - I was too slow twice in 2019.

The CZ is also highly recommended - but I like hammers and metal, so … I think the action is the deciding characteristic. Get the CZ if you like DA/SA ''cause the Browning is single action only.

9 Likes

Hello everyone its been a few monthes since ive been on but have been so crazy busy have barely had time to do any new builds for myself. But i am about to be the owner of a norinco 1911 and just wondering if anyone here has any experience with one good or bad. How do they compare to other 1911’s. Let me know please and thank you.

8 Likes

A lot depends on what you want it for. Range use? EDC? Possibly both…

If you want EDC, go with the G19 and you won’t regret it. There are probably easier concealable Glocks, but the 19 was on your list. And my 19 can pretty much conceal as easily as my 27. The things rarly jam, if at all, and are just fun to shoot. The stock sights do blow tho, so it would be an extra expense fixing that. But it would be a great addition that you won’t look back on with regrets.

8 Likes

But as others have said, try to rent one first. It’s what sold me on the 19.

8 Likes

I was one that poopooed on the idea of plastic pistols for a long time. It was a 1911 or nothing. Cut my teeth on a 1911 and carried one while in the service. Then I bought my first glock on the recommendation of an HPD gunsmith. It is a Glock 27. Carried it for a few years and came to appreciate true reliability. I now own several Glocks, they simply work period. I have made changes to all of them. All now have tritium sights. All but one have Ghost trigger bars and MCARBO spring kits. One has a complete Ghost Evo trigger kit. After 1000’s of rounds I’ve yet had a FTF or FTE from any of them.
Another plastic I’ve really come to like but not on your list is the Springfield XDM line. Also super dependable with the added grip safety. Something you may want to take a look at.
If I had to choose only one pistol I’d probably drive myself bat shit crazy. Still love the 1911. The dependability of the Glock is un surpassed and the passive safeties of the Springfield XD line is a nice little bonus for those safety minded individuals.
Bottom line. As a defensive pistol that my life may depend on, give me a Glock, they simply work. To add a little extra safety to that dependability get the Springfield XD. For accuracy and long life with 100 years of proven design, the 1911. Make sure the 1911 is a hammer forged frame, slide, and barrel. Don’t buy a cheap cast one.

10 Likes

@HandyDave Have you thought about the Rock Island 1911’s I love the(2) I own both in 22 TCM/ 9MM Combo’s Single Stack and the Double Stack Style Mags, I don’t know the prices of the Norinco 1911 in Compared to the Above’ but no Bitch’s with either of mine’

7 Likes

dont forget the H&K USP offerings and the FN Five seveN as well, coveres from one end of the spectrum to the other, .45 to 5.7X28 also because i have long hands, fit me like a glove and do not have that damn trigger safety lever…

8 Likes

I have owned a rock island 1911 and it was a great pistol with no problems for me. I carry a taurus 357 with 2 speed loaders as my edc. But the norinco 1911 im getting a super good deal on so hoping to get a little feed back about it if anyone has owned one. Just curious to how it functions compared to other 1911.

7 Likes

its illegal for edc here in Canada. The choices are purely collector/range toy. I have a Glock 21sf already and a model 44 ordered. the hi power, Fits my hand like a dream and I love the history of the hi-power as well. It has been the official sidearm of the canadian forces since 1944.

11 Likes